Please oppose setting up computer labs for nursery kids in the schools
I overheard a discussion on buying a server for computer lab meant for nursery kids. The school principal was telling that it was a strong demand from teachers though she was not in favour!
The approach of treating computer education as a fancy package to attract more admissions should stop. As I have mentioned in another circle "Self help is the Best Help" quoting Tim O'Reilly "We need to use technology to work on stuff that matters." I ask you, what's more important than education? I urge you to share your thoughts on how all of us can use the DIY ( Do It Yourself ) spirit to fix our society and to build a better world.
Build the ICT infrastructure in the school where
- Students have access to online resources, projects, study materials (against teaching Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge base is built, innovation is nurtured and industry resources are accessible ( internet security is misused to block access to real good resources )
- Teachers could build the software for their own use including school ERP ( schools buy sotware from 3rd party vendors for hefty money )
- Security ans safety is enabled in par with Government guidelines
- Parents could connect with the school to collaborate and build confidence
There are plenty of free resources built by the global community with genuine intentions. Let the school get he benefit of these instead of spending money on commercially hyped products which are really burning the parents pockets. more
I agree that working couples virtually dump their children in such facilities. But, it does not mean that the children are punished in the name of education and discipline. more
IN NURSERIES , THEY ARE ALL PAID SERVANTS AND EMPLOYEES EMPLOYED TO LOOK-AFTER UN-KNOWN BABIES OF THE WORKING WOMEN . SO, NATURALLY THEY NEED SOME OR THE OTHER TRICKS TO COVER THE NUMBER OF BABIES .
THIS IS THE OPTED SYSTEM AND WE CANNOT COMPEL THE CENTERS TO EMPLOY ATLEASET ONE FOR TWO BABIES AS REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN THE INNOCENT BABIES. more