Now the aadhaar loot begins people
Attached proposed rules say Govt will charge citizens and businesses for authentication which means business will pass that cost to people also. Highlights below and request to localcircles to take this issue ip.
(1) (a) Aadhaar authentication services shall be charged @ Rs. 3 (including applicable taxes) and Rs. 0.50 (including applicable taxes) for each successful Aadhaar e-KYC transaction and each successful Yes/No authentication transaction respectively from requesting entities;
(b) Each failed, but chargeable Aadhaar e-KYC transaction or Yes/No authentication transaction shall be charged @ Rs. 0.50 (including applicable
taxes) per such transaction from requesting entities.
(2) Authentication transactions done by or on behalf of the Central and State Government Ministries/ Departments, for notified services, transfer of benefits and subsidies, shall be exempt from Authentication transaction charges.
(3) The above charges shall be in addition to the License fees and financial disincentives, as applicable.
(4) Details of the transaction error codes and its charges shall be issued separately.
(5) The Authentication transaction charges (for both Aadhaar e-KYC and Yes/No
transactions) as in Regulation 2(1) above shall be revised every two years by linking it
with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and rounding it to the nearest 10 paisa. more