My Harrowing experience by 16331 CSMT-CBE on 3rd June 2019
PNR No. 8118919273
1. I am a senior citizen of 70 yrs & my wife 61 yrs were booked by 16331 from CSMT to CBE Jn for journey on 3rd June 2019.
Both tkts were WL1 & 5 reps. We were kept on tenter-hooks by the railways till yesterday morning and finally got confirmed hen the chart was prepared.
WHY DON'T THE RAILWAYS UPDATE THE STATUS DAILY SND EHY SHIULD THEY WAIT TILL THE LAST MOMENT? IF THE WL PASSENGERS KNOW THE STATUS, THEY CAN AT LEAST RECONSIDER WHETHER TO CANCEL OR BOOK BY TATKAL.
2. We were allotted A1-1 & 5. During the journey it started heavily raining outside and our coach,/seat got affected by the rain water pouring inside the coach.
TTE helped us by giving us side berth 47 & 48 for the night.
3. Vestibule of A1 coach was kept open with that of Sleeper coach and the passengers of Sleeper coach freely used the AC1 toilet and made them dirty and UNUSABLE by passengers of AC1. Besides there was NO water at all in all the AC toilets Lodging a complaint was another harrowing experience. All the TTEs were clustered together in A2 coach. Most of the passengers lodged online complaints and finally got relief when the toilets of AC1 was cleaned at about 3 p.m
4. No security was available to protect the safety & security of AC 1 Coach.
COMPLAINT TO RAILWAY MINISTRY: ALL RAKES OF SOUTH BOUND TRAINS FROM MUMBAI ARE JUNK. PLEASE REPLACE THESE JUNK RAKES OR REDUCE FARES.... more
Strange indeed that this column has not registered any comment from him.
I think, it's high time that someone shook up the Railways......After all, how long can they keep on reading such complaints and keep mum about them ? They are servants of the public and it's the public which suffers because of the Railways' sluggishness or stubbornness.......whatever you may call it.
Every other day, one reads complaints about IRCTC......how can they continue to be unaffected by these public feedbacks and enjoy an undisturbed sleep at home...?
Shake them up and wake them up......Jayakumar Daniel..... more
1. Safety and security of the passengers
2. Passengers must have comfortable journey.
3. Remove RAC ticketing system
4. Employ TTE and RPF personnel per compartment
5. Maintenance of cleanliness/hygiene in compartments
6. Regular squad checking.
7. Eradication of unauthorised/ticketless travel
8. Maintenance of AC units, fans, mobile chargers in working condition
9. Quality food supply
10. Clean toilets and continuous water supply. more
Booked tickets will be either waitlisted or RAC, which we wait endl4essly without knowing the fate of our journey. All these hassles to make us pay more and from our money THE AMOUNT OF INTEREST CREATED FOR IRCTC FUNDS cannot be imagined. Going by these atrocities, IRCTC is making money without serving any better for us. It is not at all worth booking online. more
The other narration like dirty toilet and security also can not be ignored by the Railway authorities. The Railway Ministry can not just manage with slogans that we are going towards bullet train will not work, unless the passenger amenities are improved. We are not expecting the moon from heaven. Most of the trains are now fully packed and due importance to the customer has to increase. more