MOTOR VEHICLES RULES
1. What are the safeguards against misuse of these fining provisions? And any harassment by traffic police?..
2. For a genuine person who may sometimes make a mistake, such as forgetting to carry his licence on any particular day and if such a person is caught, what happens?. The fine proposed is hefty and many may not be able to afford it and even if one is made to shell out the fine, it may be a drain on his resources.
3. Only a few rules are mentioned by the press. There has been no advertisement by RTO to create awareness among the general public.
4. Common public can be made to pay the fine. But what about gross offenders such as Public buses, auto drivers, tour operators, Official vehicles. For eg. can cops detain unruly youngster/s on bike?.
5. The fine is for offences such as not wearing helmets, not wearing seat belts, drunken driving, not carrying a valid licence and registration papers, etc. They are necessary. But what about bad roads, pot holes and craters which cause majority of accidents?. more