MAKE PLATFORMS PASSENGER FRIENDLY !
It is a common site at most of the railway stations situated in all towns and cities in the country, where the platform is thickly crowded obstructing a safe and convenient way to the real passengers. This is mostly due to the persons more in the number than the passengers themselves coming to see them off at the stations. They obstruct the way on one side , and the movement of hawkers and trolleys on the other side make the passsengers life miserable to board the train. In addition these goodbye bidders also board the train and block the passage in the train , rendering difficult to the real passengers to move with their luggage and even find their seats/berths. To obviate this situation I offer my suggestion which would improve the situation obtaining.
The Platform be cordoned longitudinally by separators of 4 ft height. All such visitors should not be allowed beyond this line. They should stand within this line of separation opposite to the compartment by which their people are travelling and bid farewell from there it self. The vendors should be allowed to place themselves at the inside edge of the partitioned space. No vendor be allowed to go near the train or within the compartment. The passengers can buy their requirements before boarding the train at the shops thus placed. All platform tickets should be made valid only upto the divider line and any violations to this rule be fined heavily.wide publicity be given to this arrangement and its benefits to the public through all electronic and social media. more
Please make all the railway platforms disabled friendly. At present, Many railway platforms either do not have an elevator or they have a dysfunctional only that rarely works. As a result, the senior citizens, the specially-abled persons and also women travelers in some cases, face enormous hardships while travelling through trains. Also please have a pharmacy shop or a vending machine to deliver necessary medicines, in every railway platform so that those falling ill during their travel through trains may have access to necessary medicines during their travel. Also please ensure that the toilets in the platforms and trains are properly maintained and cleaned, at least four times a day. more
Senior Citizens and disabled person will definately need some assistance in the form of visitor and that visitor must be allowed till inside the compartment and seat/berth. more
There should be only utility stalls like food (tea and tiffin), juice, water and medicine. Apart from that there can be books and magazines. more
Even it is much less than 10% of the passengers who are accompanied by their relatives and friend to give send offs and it is not that big problem as it is presented here. Don't forget our real problem is population, the second in the world coupled with the hawkers, hand carts and so on resulting in over crowding all the trains.
I don't think the suggestion proposed in the second para above is practicable. In a situation where our cops are unable to manage the traffic in roads of most of our cities, expecting the railways to mange the crowed on platforms in the suggested way is not more than an imaginary vision. more
Yes it is really a lot problem at the railway platforms. The best way to prevent is as bbelow:
1. Completely close the entire station so that no one can enter by any means exccept through the designated entry points.
2. Railways should install time based charging system AT THE ENTRANCE for the hawkers or goodbye bidders so that they spend less time at the platform. More the time they stay more they should pay.
3. The Goods unloading should be done at a seperate platform or after alighting of all the passengers or a seperate overhead (goods)handling system should be installed so that no trolley is interrupting / blocking the way of the last minute passengers.
4. There must be a seperate waiting hall for all the passengers and they must be allowed to board trains only 20 min before the departure of the train.
5. There must be a seperate passage at the centre of the platform for luggage trolleys which can be used by passengers to carry their luggages. The trolleys can be supplied free of cost like in air port so that passengers wont spread their luggage on the platform. more