Let us see the funny sides of things (Saturday Earthquake):
1. I got to know that what one thing my family members will do if they have only few seconds to live on….like my husband was persuading his 82 years old mother to come downstairs, because one is advised not to use ‘’ building lift’’ in this situation. She was adamant that she is too old to do that but came down from 7th floor with a little help.
I dragged my son with me to downstairs, but he was adamant that he won’t leave his ‘’Nintendo’’ behind and treating the whole incidence like picnic. So, I came to know that who loves what most for my family members. I f you ask them on regular days you will expect highly manipulative and politically correct answers like’’ Darling, of course, I can give my life for you and Mamma; i love you most in this world…..
2. I learnt a lot from my ‘’Malish’’ wali who came for my mom-in -law and my cook ‘’Meena’’ who behaved as if nothing has happened and were least bothered and panicked with what happened recently. Their focus was still to how to finish your work fast and go home.
3. I am sure most of the people did not forget to pick their cell phone while coming down from their high rise buildings, as if it is the most important thing they would like to take with them if they will be given few seconds (of course, it is imp also…I agree).
4. We connected with everyone (friends and long forgotten relatives)bu talking to each other on this day, which happens rarely now days, thanks to Whats App… and Facebook.
5. Picnic or get together like atmosphere in parks near high rising building.
6. I was happily surprise to know that my son has been taught about the measures to be taken I such cases, which he never told me before and showed it by sitting under the dining table, when the tremors were felt again. more