Inspector Raj in India - Inputs on Root Causes
Below are the key issues as identified by you on Inspector Raj in our country.
Kindly review and let us all identify Root Causes for these Issues.
We look forward to your inputs!
Inspector Raj – Key Issues
1. When businesses apply for licenses or permissions, they are at the mercy of the inspectors to complete the paperwork
2. They unnecessarily come up with objections while issuing certificates
3. Businessmen are harassed and bribes are demanded
4. Inspectors for fire, labour, pollution, quality, excise, weights & measures almost always engage in bribes
5. Inspectors specific to different industries like drug inspector, transport inspector etc have fixed rates per month or per transaction
6. The inspections done by the inspectors are arbitrary and based on the whims and fancy of the officials
7. Reports are never transparent
8. They work on cases at their own pace and don’t care about the suffering of the general public
9. Inspectors manhandle the detainees at the police station
10. Inspector don’t let honest people do their work honestly
11. Police and Municipal put pressure on individuals to stop construction till their palms are greased
12. In many cases, inspectors facilitate corruption for a chain of officials in the hierarchy and act as collection agents. more
For example: If I have to set up one small lath machine or some other small business e.g. I received one export order from a big apparel company. Therefore, I am setting up 20 sewing machines. Please tell me what all rules do I need to follow. Can I get this information from any website??? One more condition, if same business I need to start in delhi what all rules required and in UP or Haryana or Bihar what all rules will be applied?
I hope now you can understand the situation of a businessman. These Sales Inspector, Excise Inspector, and dont know how many types of inspector do we have, can literally harass a Businessman.
My request is, Please make a list of all types of business with their Rule book and FAQ. So, If I need to set up stitching shop to one small cotton mill, I can go to Govt website and find out list of rules (including Central and State Govt) I need to follow. Once I follow those rules, no Inspector should ask question beyond those specified in the rule book. more
Thanks for the mail
All the issues are related to individual moral corruption.
Unless every citizen has a personal value system and code of conduct to
follow in personal and official life
nothing will change. Government cannot be blamed because all avatars of
Govt and their functionaries are individual human beings first.
It is not a peculiar problem that is relevant to only India. it is world
wide issue irrespective of nationality of the individuals.
I wonder how Govt policing and rules and regulations would help in this
Abolish GREED and MINDLESS CONSUMPTION from your everyday life. Then you
every individual would see lot of change in himself and all around him.
thanks and good luck in our efforts
On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Rajendra Pratap Gupta <