Inputs Sought on Upliftment of Garbage Collectors
With this post, we seek your inputs on all that must be done to uplift them. We will then compile your recommendations and share with our leadership followed by dissemination to the 4500 ULBs across India.
We look forward to your inputs!
Swachh Bharat Mission more
town, cities, as a whole in a country.
2. Of course their condition is pathetic
3. People should realize their fate and how difficult to carry out this job
4. Now we have shortage of garbage collectors due to compulsory schooling
and colleges and they are getting some employment
5. Most of them are unwilling to do the job
6. After few years, it will be difficult to get manpower for doing this
kind of job
7. Kerala state is the victim for the same as all are educated. Only old
generation people are available for doing work.
8. Even, in Kerala, they are unwilling to clean toilets , not now, since
long.. We have to do ourselves.
9. The trend is changing
10. Govt. should bring a relief scheme for them by adding them in the
labour class and make them reasonably paid .
11. Other than payment, they should be given health apparels like masks,
gloves, fully covered uniforms, shoes etc.
12. The medicines to avoid any infection or disease from the garbages.
13. Give them proper wheeled Garbage bins, brooms and wipers.
14. Disinfectant should be provided like phynoil .
15. Govt should bring rule and law to each societies or anyone getting
done this work should abide by the laws above.
16. Health Insurance scheme should be definitely extended to them.
17. We need them. without them , the countrycannot survive.
18. We should go for automation very soon as shortage of manpower is
expected in another 5-10 years time. more