Inputs on Solutions: Ticketing Touts
We will then submit a whitepaper to the Hon'ble Minister and the Board so the key recommendations can be implemented.
We look forward to your inputs!
Ticketing Touts - Root Causes
1. Touts bribe the RPF to get on to the platform and offer their services to the passengers
2. Touts collude with the ticketing officials and give them commission on each waitlisted ticket that they get confirmed
3. Touts also make arrangement with the TTEs and offer them money to allot seats to their passengers
4. The ticket issuing officers also try to make extra money by offering empty VIP seats to the touts
5. Touts find loopholes and manipulate the railway ticketing rules in their favour
6. Passengers don’t mind paying the extra money to get a confirmed ticket
7. Many people take pride in saying that they know touts who can get a confirmed ticket any time
8. Senior rail officials though fully aware of this unholy alliance pretend to look other way
9. Lack of proper vigilance around the booking counter
10. Railway authorities have not been pro-active in handling the tout menace
11. Touts take advantage of the fact that the availability to tickets is far lesser than the demand.
Ticketing Touts - Key Issues
1. Touts can be found on major stations selling tickets at a premium
2. Touts take money to get waitlisted tickets confirmed
3. Touts make people travel on tickets which are not on their names
4. Touts use illegal software to book tatkal tickets in bulk
5. Touts enter multiple passengers/ticket details together in an excel sheet and run some kind of script on that excel at the tatkal opening hours. The scripts allows them to book many number of tickets at one go with auto payment facility
6. Touts collude with the ticket booking officers to book VIP tickets for passengers at a premium
7. Some touts also bribe the TTE to offer seats to passengers with no ticket
8. Touts get a name change done on pre-booked tickets and sell the tickets at a high price
9. Some touts have blank MP letterheads which they use to avail Emergency Quota and make money. more
1. Each and every reserved bogie (whether Sleeper Class, Chair Car, AC Chair Car, Ex. AC Chair Car, AC 3 Tier-2 Tier & 1st Class) must have an individual TTE cum Attendant to look after the comfort/amenities/safety of the passengers and drive out unwanted people from the bogie. It was a practice long ago followed by Railways but discontinued by the greedy politicians acting as Railway Ministers to show profit and earn vote bank !!!
2. No person should be allowed to board or travel in any kind of reserved coach without a valid reserved ticket. Persons with daily tickets or monthly tickets or with railway pass or with general ticket must not be allowed to board & travel in any reserved coach of any class.
If only these suggestions can be adopted, I think the Rail Travel in long distance trains would be most pleasant and safe one and passengers would not mind paying 10-20 or 50 rupees extra for providing these facilities.
I hope, all the readers who are active in this circle will admit it. Please admit and support it openly more
Other solution is printing of passenger's photo on ticket. more