Inputs on Root Causes for the summarized Railway issues:
2. Not following standards- performance based incentive system is to be implemented.
3. Infrastructure- needs modernization through huge budget, to be generated by TAX FREE INFRASTRUCTURE BONDS/ soft loans /user charges/ advt./ Hospitality- opening huge Rail Yatri Niwas on lease basis everywhere etc. Professional consultant firm may be hired.
4. No training and development programs – need to come out from British attitude, essential in-house & overseas trainings through HRD
5. Hygiene- mass scale awareness campaigning thru ad agency & imposing nominal fine, use of mechanized cleaning, air & water purifiers.
6. Crowded stations- entry through valid tickets & i-cards only, HD IP dome camera surveillance system, administration like CRPF at airports.
7. Pantry car- equipped with modern hot & cold storage for packaged food. Catering vendor should have required turnover (prefeasibility).
8. Modern safety equipments- using advance remote satellite technology, infrared night vision surveillance & sensors etc. irrespective of human interface.
9. TTE’s- equipped with online mobile/tablet device connected to main server & real time vacant seat allocation to on-board RAC/ WL passengers. (A secured android/ ios app can make this possible)
10. Tracks- need periodic replacement through adequate budget.
11. Restricted platform entry- same as 6.
12 Fewer Ticket windows: promote e-ticketing, common booking software, separate current window at platform for issuing general tickets of next departing train.
13 Online ticketing systems: Software creating doubts need to be trusted. Brokers must strictly be punished.
14 ‘Cheap’ mode of transport- different policies for GEN/SL & AC class passengers, each having 50% quota.
15 Cleaning staff: contract information must be displays everywhere
16 Auditing systems: need to be computerizing.
17 Grievance redress mechanism- 24x7 customer services, online complaint system.
18 Booking agents+staff- makes situation worst.
19 Railway contracts- Two-bid e-procurement system, provisions for PMC & Third party inspection.
20 Chain pulling- must be enforce by law, necessary amendment required.
21 Cancellation charges for AC class should be reviewed, to quickly remove uncertainty of travel. more
Students/Youths those who are interested in perusing their career in Railway services should get admission to Railway University based on exam related to Railway Technology and basic information. more