Inputs on Penalty for not carrying identification
1. Penalty of Rs. 1000 may be imposed for travelling without an identity card
2. The penalty could be equivalent to the tatkal fare of that segment
3. Penalty could be 3 times the price of the ticket
4. It could be charged at a flat rate of Rs. 500 per incident
5. The fine could be based on the class in which the passenger is travelling like equivalent to the fare.
If you have any additional inputs on penalties that can be imposed which will not inconvenience the valid passenger but address the misuse by agents/touts, please share. Also, if there are any solutions that will minimize the added TTE discretion in such cases, please share your views.
We are also reviewing some additional inputs from members on other ways to address this misuse.
Thanks for your inputs. more
acts.....carrying ID's,cancellation of tickets......let the Rlys justify such atrocious penalties for cancellations.....it is time a Users Orgn is formed who can seek redressal in courts with PILs etc more