Improving State of Sports in India - Inputs Needed on Solutions
Below are the key issues and root causes as identified by you for the current state of sports in India.
Kindly review them and help identify specific actionable solutions that will address these issues and root causes.
We will soon be meeting with the Ministry of Sports to review the final whitepaper and request actions on it.
We look forward to your inputs!
Rajendra Pratap Gupta
Root Causes for Current State of Sports
1. Many leaders of the sports bodies do not have actual experience with the sport itself
2. A lot of money allotted for the athletes is lost to scams
3. Corruption, black money, scams have become part and parcel of Sports in India
4. Lack of proper monitoring of sports bodies by the Government
5. Lack of proper policy and lack of strict enforcement to encourage and nurture talent
6. There is corruption in recruitments and selection process
7. Lack on good sports medicine hospitals in the country
8. The upgradation of equipment and facilities is running far behind schedule
9. Sports academies lack the basic infrastructure
10. Sports are still not considered a career option in India
11. Parents think of sports as an extra-curricular activity
12. Cricket has become a glamorous game which involves huge money. Hence other sports do not get equal importance
13. The financial support given by the Government to the athletes is very poor
14. Lack of quality and experienced coaches
15. Coaches treat their job as any other Government job
16. Academies are run with the intention of pure profits
17. Schools convert the sports grounds into classrooms to admit more students
18. There is a lack of a sporting culture in India
19. Girls are discouraged from playing sports
20. The number of playgrounds and parks in the cities are continuously decreasing
21. No weightage is given to sports in prestigious exams like IIT, AIIMS, PMT, IMA etc.
State of Sports in India - Key Issues
1. Many Sports bodies are headed by political leaders.
2. Free medical care isn’t being provided to the injured athletes.
3. Equipment & Facilities aren’t being provided to the athletes.
4. Sports are not being encouraged in schools and colleges.
5. Parents pressurize their children to focus on studies rather than focusing on sports.
6. There is no importance being given to other sports except Cricket.
7. People do not see sports as a lucrative career option.
8. Most of the athletes quit athletics because of financial problems.
9. Most coaches are not doing their job properly.
10. There is lack of sports academies with hostel facilities.
11. There is lack of honest sports administrators.
12. There is favoritism in selection process for the state and national games.
13. Academies don’t have specialized coaches for different sport.
14. There is lack of funds in sports education & training colleges. more
[ ]( # ) Â
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/CoQT7Rx8FBjQHNTaidZ5jnnlCWU9HefvVw52bp6JPTWmozSQ8tPd1wM7t1OrGlo7xl4Q6jfi2nSd88FnyDZKEzxATJ0fYo0lrreJsW5wS54r4mSOYeGLlPIBie5H2EsGmEXvOLhR2-m2SoIFqNnAed4MDj3C6EFAvXkp5vV2MAHh_ReYeFLVm7jBb13hFvUVc_P4DEK2woVM1sd_VmTnrT8joPnHMDN0-jHLYAh08YM2VBGrhzKRXfHe0WXtn8oDlcDBRaKRbz7fv7SXMWgNZKeIT6qY-QkGHUyfJMQqG2v3YfapdGhbbwf4Aq-RTF-FVi3i6fdmn7Wn1GkwnzyMZhI6Si80u4YH-VQAvq1bH7Zis46t3w ) Â
[ ]( # ) COMPUTER FOR ONLINE CLASSES
[ ]( # )
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/5--behJR5OP9_TpfpqJPv4x44S5AFifTmSHDdEGxF3NH-8N4FIRZw4iCQSQ_FbFkN432XrLZtZOS9NdtucCP-svFFu9Hw7Wo9m6mHULeVKJkvRHyGRMnqPeI90apBy_HdDlgbqIXiYpYDI5eaMPAuW8yf8EmGoy4FuCIB72VUq9fCddPjGLvTDrSAv-7vS-unU77lO8dzruBU219NmaCsU5ajHjy6rfKweHN0OtIT5vL6NW1nEXgI_CdLx4zGZZgQSFzrP61bU-wxaJBkLAZqCMW_U_HtIMSvaEghlycEjyLH9ZsQ1Lz0VJCtFlI7iGg1Ft1gwh1JN0e-S2P2SGXat-CqI5j63PG7sYWtvnygw68E6an2Q )
[ ]( # ) Â
For online classes we are providing a complete set of computer with UPS in following specifications:
Monitor 15"; Camera & headphone
CPU: 160 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM, Core 2 duo
UPS ( Electronic voltage stabilizer )
This complete set we offer pan India for Rs. 21000/- ( All inclusive )
One extra 160 GB Hard disk will be supplied free of cost within 5 years, if present becomes in sufficient.
All carry "M.I.'s" 1 year warranty.
[ ]( # )
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/RRh8dlxpa0KmCj0-3jfMJQR8nGT4nNRG78FM__BPNVvlvfS_nuLyxbFOQk0fRHzKm3pvrytLfu9ZpkDTQR-g8_DGXlkBmfCLco_xYzmLDTUZ-_TaLKh4wN6ull2WACVWWmkeCijdO1KILu7WAm1Jr30FihiSFkJ_dcJxlzWv9cWM1YdnwkLR1FxfZ2RbzpUCDa7a1_gQwzwz7RnGVcRyObvGm9D8Sa9JFOp9TW_K-UL0y4uD4ocFkVr8oiqfUM18Ox-KRYCynbRS39-ZA95w4_v7YTg3s8LRz8mO0Wj_4Q3hKQFTdPg88emzdkDQPcaTnK9L3oNF8UJi-dOTqvqYWSqCsa9du2ruU2wOpSmcAe63FbZP5A )
We understand the hardships... Â
Hardships of the parents, hardships of teachers, hardships of every such individual who is now compelled to work from home; be it student or the the professional now computer set is must.
we decided to help all such people by providing the complete set including UPS to save your machine for longer life.
In comparison to laptops desktop is robust & longÂ lasting and also cheap & best !
For getting this deal, please click the button below: Â [ Button ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/aeUifYd4002rr6J3G1-q1qdqdjW3Y8zuW1kMBSFNjR4kLq1S9oGYQwqxoAcnxmcJ7DoJW23vc2N0ccXw6DZ2F7Z1qvXB5C9zKHMoICaBfjHfCXA3ARKPRCXKSeXh8pI8s_aS5_oaLjKlqkDEP6fvZz1emSs3huhSkar3LVJNlUuTh_dFJ36Ji0VZzLXMz9xypoMFA4ZtqPIv-cT0tp7GIlouaWabo6ZJ-x3vRNHjdm5HZSabtc3oNUJK20BgWDyeOOEN8KFVEZhS8RblLDMl8Iwkh1fpBkYJaIOgbxtHIjmk92vl6XZxoRQB2Pt5JD0QrRSs29WFOY6yllZJIbSyq718OIV9UmzHfpfRUgrdH7eQ0v6GWw ) [ ]( # )
[ ]( # ) Â
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/cW5XA9JJZWqpXo_XnyNjCadBvWS2Dwa_VDnsOElOxsNYjysaTBqkeOOEk7lVVA16Nh5kO6EmRmnNKuJciGNAT0qHBLTIhmzfL3o-NGMb03K-FhqK-u72s1EPynTUvXMiwGNqi11C2nDwG286ZKnJg7VYD-KgJaUJilzBLtFFwoM4MtAvUqIalq1hFPXCGFwvYazTLe5B2cFjLbd1oqvKdiIcDqHnDfkBRpLgXVItbsAUxAsvVcCx6giEx4MwSe1eAt-J4j8NShfV10S5DyfH75CniZiDDWW9krJenY5PAWyaD8JLVtOZWvP3K-Nivdkibwxe0vecFEXpB4Z_zIATDG9CWoz0Iw )
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/PX5bHnnXswjXrk8MAqixaml3zyIiWvZpEvtq3sECJlriamrx24EoKC1shfS8J1p4GpvmYfBsLWXF0pOhQsIRFOxzKct16wOCVVFYs7iWO0Iu622XRWVWhQ2ZAgGLaAHqYze4DthNrYfFUs0di5odELnUYiAjUh-WZETimDilDfN97wJx3IczNbPPgx7rfOpGpuEWGXFUC_0YhAa3l9mslcLyWrOompUyxFT8_hknF77-horcFtRncTfqo7GqzOwlrNxGnD7ZWZj8mbC5LcA8hBVK2cB0JdOzMO0m-LVuP3AjPqjDq9UMK_XUdaavkmcBeDfYCvI4QNyT7lcqX_S-VvQnaA )
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/xxbogS8qGATK6k2ksoOQNKpnG9i3NmblI5FbgG5bp4NzQn3xI1t92R7UD4GBep-TZi6W5gnX7_gY6s5PivUYPGMzBMrGIZHe-POVVfv7cc-DQ85--4XvvzqNBCsIVcb8QlhTnhnMjrTwP3Kp-wHagL92jRqadDfN3jlxKgZiHlq5OkHmAou6fFH0z4PHV9-10BYNr__pbWI-Xei62SIjVj3YvflOgfAQxY6oqFwliCG9PcTWFQs3CGzMlNTdk-kF5ijbiNifVT7BKwEKSjeURBdPjiwM_-ngC6qrqcl8OTyGKGVLvXbBISsN98IdS-Znxq_7_PA2KdNz0-61DqOR8ak )
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/nASBy3aIIqQf1AcMBGJgyX2EkbOpRtp_tlGcGg-ekquK0QYbFlwKmuZ8l3CRoT-sm9ziq06ohhDqyZEgOvkRlooPC4ZUM3dL3Y7LA9BHFy6Mbnq10IODJGBz0z_X0CJ-LF_cd9TvI7_u74T6EMNkh2fTrso4ODoZ5KyV_XE39NnjQqogDeEJkfoSf9NU7CsfwUokymOLNBTPRefHkWiWoGcryT0g9Tult5YofZHbeat4_4tEqDeEi18MRVLfGlJqrMd5694Jde3glApfxZoVGNsKZ--NWZ6HNLGN6DQVGVbVvWeYbkPuE0Fwt-JUtMK00ALez9LG2GR_oRc6MtJbhdllcBm9dWg217p6x6A )
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/SQ7-vba65of4rFuBFy-CIlbv53cmMSdg1wxb4P1k6XbTnaSlfM-5CJT414OrnUIms9wF1qTqDcR3ijn1xvqEtjCSTx0CXfei-Q_tTp3Cn55lGIn0E2FnNSS4OMQdeREOPCwoJ1J-fjkh2KnEYn2SHDo1J6Sl0jjy8--B1kv0c2ke5gm80OzE1DBgJm50PH7KTIcmizvKSaJm59B7yT04LY9EhfiNGr3Ct_Dd0Ux72IKjPczOWRI0BkRD9mQqVBXHFNrcNt5i5qJArbkg2_XEzvR-C2FtUcAQaYA-NTuktSzIAol5QMNu734W6CLt-5u3dLikwGNrXgBszgCrxzxM_A9DN3kPZQ )
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/VnNHACWwr7bp4tw4X8N2Rpp3XJRLFO_yJ78iH0Lv_kZUFlBvslS0-ZHCPIpcipD3LVoGRmqZlLk9Tw4rv23eHP1Zzd6_BB-NpRoRIV3QlVG5sYD9p4CxhOfL4I5BfDdUS9PVltripA8lV_shmwkBC2biBVmXuydLeK0Bau5fJD8S_8OsqE9YFOLnwPejLK9-XxD2-jirV2p89vNbgh71vl8FOd2lu1H8UVwuJlmtXBifTXujHMuOzHyfOohNvmC3cvBZnT9cEw7d6tKEoKYbImsdq5aQxvMTXtVFXFAu8R-sIW2iEpk1QMaowX-ZPwCmrq_jQjHsPANpqYo9HpoogdtIqxuADOIIMIJWxWCo8KsrJAGfIAgCiW82t92KhpEom83ph7VliE4J3oUstts )
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/UyAgd-zc_6BYpY1PuSizu8VVArXoYvsyaFGp8JFsqSWeiaPgv-5mbMzDzh_BWQKKqpLPSkXq0QktCQDxZBsUH4lBPmT82r17Hm9H3IKtbkVL0ITTaap0dDm_rlv3hrpLZxRpX7SVUbpQqioHYW5ZWAdQnvZA3o7cHB47aebQz9YBn9RhiHvqq60eL3W57yQpnSBaYs5P89JE4IhC_pyNeMM3uEWQFAYTp3zsbvOAUBCKa4vpWM0AOyyp7G8La6u46CPLGS8YA32dY6Fp90oU-J8woRG2rgAgo8or9Uxo0q6bVea8TfoBhPj36d6oVFvHDflpHOo4HpbQ2qp46xWdZc5DiUtp87sH2BY53t9p )
[ ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/cl/f/7IIpySxXpYCCfY88JsnQaUnOMQo2q-6khDOu4dWfLzVcMyjPIRPZnEOAlYvSftFJs-j64ZEp0edMTjgFTPxnc66IAccOjGGYZ7LDtNcm0yJo_Rx59YeC8KzIk7wg1JXoi1SmqRveZYuTATDwVupaHvBnj8YUvzPXmLrkWikNsd8v_SCxZzS0e5WVqlgHvblzIFe3t0GUh7Z8UA9kx4w9Q38U7b20A1x1-QepLvonbFKXWNDMvbd0X4b6ctI9PobqJkK6VHH-ACkgdgqFU_XQwBRlUdLv_ARCyobcfFHWF6mbvmggv_eUdGe-bNxK2mQmEh5W4DuAcVbS1ZukZoRbqrhg3MEa6ENmtcsu ) Â
[ ]( # ) Â
You received this email because you are registered with Sigma Institute
[ Unsubscribe here ]( http://r.sigma-institute.website/mk/un/DsVTwETTJhQn8w97gj6llb2r-0mMACMzmz195S6POPlh2UVWi5tGtNhrw36ekCmCH6zmelCkGS9vUK8Z-pCgYhf0--jKmy6Y1_edzgqQ7AolP_l_mQDcssqRsfNB3peVtRKt21unK0aEPXCEjhtce0WoOyrNmhiWBhlzDEPIoT6E68koR86ntFmqjRcPV05i_fcbHsHKsxnegJz4-bwMdgkwAXs ) Â
[ ]( # ) Â
Â© 2020 Sigma Institute Â more
Here are a few inputs from my side -
1. Communication between sports players and the higher authorities should be increased. The communication should happen online, so that all records are maintained. All incidents of any kind of corruption or misbehavior can be recorded by the players in the form of pictures or videos and can be sent to higher authorities, anonymously.
2. We frequently see news about sports persons who were very successful in representing India at international platforms, but are very poor now. They didn't even get the well-deserved respect. Government should do something to give them the desired respect and quality living. If they don't have a bright future, youth will never will attracted towards sports as career.
3. Stop expecting from media and public to like and follow non-cricket sports. People and media will like what they want. It is government's responsibility to promote and give importance to each and every sport. Give them quality and world class infrastructure. Give them best possible training and time and then expect good results. more
2)To develop the Stamina to be competitive, fast and ferocious at the international level.
3) Monetary rewarding like cricket- Monetary also it should be feasible and enticing for people
to pick it up as a career and major portion coming from the governments (State/central). We can definitely afford with kind of budgets, tax collections, defense spending's we have.
4) Facilities: State of the art facilities, equipment's, training to compete with best of the best.
Say be home to the world's best hockey artificial turf stadium or a highly sophisticated football/Tennis stadium. We already do that with Formula 1 with BIC being one of the best race tracks on the planet.
5) Allow to pick up your career: Parents allowing kids to pick up something of their choice rather than pushing into the Safe world of Eng/Medicine.
6)Awareness: comes through media. Rather than just highlighting cricket and Bollywood all the time, Indian media which very much off the mark needs to play a role in developing awareness among people.
7) We the people: Try to develop interest in something else apart from cricket. Be more serious watchers if not doers helping to promote the sport.
8) Less bureaucracy and more Sports: Keeping the personal egos aside of the babus not allowing them to interfere in the State of sports, have minimum bureaucracy and the right kind of knowledgeable people in command who know what they are doing rather than
some random xyz being given the control not having the needed knowledge/expertise to boost that particular Sport.
To be a power house of Sports and being among the top 10 countries in Olympics medal tally sends a Strong message to the big guys on the planet that you have arrived, which is what China has done. We already have done the same with our Mars orbital, Chandrayana, defense forces, GDP and with a new powerful government at the Center to name a few.
Its time now for Indian Sports to arrive. It is much easily said than done but always there is room for improvement and with so much caliber/potential, it needs the right push, the much needed thrust at any point! more