How can we recall government?
Today we elect MPs for five years and after that we are helpless and can’t do anything, if govt. will not function properly or take anti people action.
Instead of recall elected representative why can’t have a system by which we recall govt.?
Because our day to day life is impress by functioning of govt. and not by elected MPs.
Here is the innovative way to give people “RIGHT TO RECALL GOVT.”
1. Instead of elect whole loksabha and state assembly once in a five years, make
3 (three) part of loksabha total seats of 544/3 i.e. 182 and similar in states assembly seats.
2. Every two year there will be election of 182 seats of loksabha and one third seats
of state assembly simultaneously on same day.
3. Date of election will be fixed for ever. i.e. first Sunday of December or last
Sunday of April. Term of elected MP will be from 1st January or 1st June.
4. Duration of each MPs will be 6(six) years.
5. Geographically distribution of 182 seats loksabha and 1/3 seats of vidhansabha
will be equal in whole country and states.
6. Once elected, no MP can give resignation on his will, as it will be considered as insult to
7. In case of resignation he/ she will not be able to contest any election for next six
8. In case of natural death if remaining period of election will be more than two years
fresh election of representative for remaining period.
9. If it will less than two years, second highest voted candidate of last election will
represent in loksabha and vidhansabha, but he/she can’t have right to vote in
Advantage of this system will be:
1. People will have a right to express their opinion about govt. every two years. It will be a referendum of govt. functioning.
2. All the time govt. and opposition as well will remain alert for ever.
3. No govt. will consider people’s mandate as long time verdict.
4. Task of election commission and police will become very easy as they will have to focus on 1/3 seats only.
5. It will be cost cutting method instead of today’s expensive and lots of manpower wasting election procedure. It will save public money at large.
6. People can have a chance to change the govt. at the end of two years if they feel to do so. Today we can do nothing for next five years once vote.
7. No one can impose election for their own personal benefit.
8. In this system people will have direct control over govt. In today’s system we can’t have any control as far as govt. formation and functioning is concern.
We should think in this direction seriously to eliminate loopholes of today’s election system.
Dr. Hemant Patel more