How can Modi Govt 2.0 play a role in reducing state/local bribery?
India Corruption Survey 2018 LocalCircles Report
Media Report 1
Media Report 2 more
2. If file is not approved by a person within specified period (1 week), file automatically goes to his/her supervisor. Govt officer is compelled to act swiftly.
3. Make Aadhar mandatory for real estate purchase/sales.
4. Link Aadhar to the existing real estate. Give incentives for linking existing real estate to the Aadhar. e.g.: 10% rebate on property tax if aadhar is linked to the real estate.
5. Maintain common database for all issues/deals regarding real estate. e.g.: if Bank gives loan on a piece of land, if there is an existing case in court - it should be at a common place.
6. Implement performance bonus for Judiciary.
Bonus is 5 times the salary. Objective criteria for bonus.
Bonus is based on number of cases solved + judgement of this judge accepted by higher courts.
(If there is an effective judiciary, corruption would reduce)
7. Reduce cost of living (school fees). Private schools can't charge more than 'X' amount or private schools to spend 60% of the school fees on salaries of teachers.
If schools charge more --> Parents tries to earn more even through illegal means more
9. Give incentives to companies that do transfer money online 100% of the time. e.g.: 10% bonus is given to construction company that is awarded govt tender and 100% of the money incurred in done via online.
10. Fast track/objective driven courts for corruption above certain limit. e.g.: more than 10 crores. more
1. Public awareness to be created by government sponsored campaign held frequently to start with emphasising the need to boost confidence level of citizens.
2. In case citizens experience any difficulty or threaten by govt. authorities for bribery, they should feel free to lodge complaints or to interact with nodal officers in departments to thrash the issues within shortest possible time. Such an environment must be created by the government.
3. Single window clearances for all approvals/permissions/licences
4. Submission of applications only through online
5. Payments of application fees must be made digitally.
6. Fixation of time frame for the disposal of applications, which should not exceed 30 days.
7. Simplified procedure in a structured way for the entire process more