Heritage Cities and Tourism- Inputs Sought
While some enhancement is visible, these cities still do not attract a large number of global tourists. Below are some of your inputs on the current infrastructure gaps and opportunities in these cities. Kindly review and share what should Modi Government 2.0 do to enhance infrastructure in these cities and boost tourism
3. Crime rate has been increasing
4.Lack of enough public toilets
5.Many stray animals on the road which could be dangerous for tourists
6.Lack of proper roads
8.Erratic water and electricity supply
1.The image of these cities could be drastically improved
2.The city infrastructure could be improved
3.These cities would come up on the world map
4.The drainage system of the city could be re-done
5.The traffic flow in the city could be channelized
6.Parks and footpaths could be developed to make the city walking-friendly
7.Develop more/multi-level parking spaces
8.Improve the coordination between centre and state. more
Pushkar is nearby Ajmer, and has good scope for improvement, growth and infrastructure development. more
Also in these religious places Roads are very narrow and not maintained properly this also gives a very bad look of these religious places.
These discourages the people to take religious tourism.Otherwise this industry has very bright scope. more
1) Approach Road: The approach road should be wide enough with trees planted on either side.
2) Parking: Sufficient parking space should be provided for the tourists.
3) Toilets: There should be enough number of toilets for both male and female members depending upon the tourist inflow.
4) Garbage Bins: Sufficient number of garbage bins should be provided and whoever throws the garbage outside the bin should be fined.
5) Drainage System: There should be good drainage system.
6) Landscaping and Greenery: Lot of trees should be planted in the vicinity of the heritage sites and sufficient number of benches should be provided for old people to sit.
7) Street Vendors: Street vendors should not be allowed to sell their wares near the heritage site and they should be provided a separate place on the outskirts of the heritage site.
8) Signs and Markings: Proper signs and markings should be provided leading to the heritage site.
Just like Mr. Balakrishnan M.R has mentioned they should create a separate SPV for implementation. more