Great Indian Circus
1. The workers are paying some 2500 to 4000 for Mumbai to UP by a Truck ferrying some 40 to 60 workers at a time.
2 No political Party, social organisations, NGOs, Intellectuals or state government has offered to pay this rent.
3 Poor migrant workers starving for a week or so are paying this rent in advance and no one can dispute it.
4. Maharashtra Police does not stop any such trucks carrying migrant workers.
5. These workers are asked to get down from Trucks within 3 kms or 5Kms from state check posts so that state check posts do not stop truck and empty truck passes teh check post.
6. These migrant workers walk on foot for thsi five to eight Kms on highway or Railway Track and again board the truck until they reaches to last check post.
7. Thsi process of boarding and disboarding goes on wherever check post problems are there,
8. In between these Migrant Workers are lucky enough to get Darshan of our Media and describe the great pain taken by them from Mumbai to such places on foot and these become great stories. These videos also are talk of social media nd our politicians.
9. Some Truckers are over smart . they will disboard teh migrant workers at Last post of Maharashtra and with their great Juggad, another MP registered Truck shall take through MP and again they will be disboaded at MP border where another trucker form UP is waiting for them.
My simple questions to great Indian Power Brokers are:
1. If they ahve problems with Railway charging some 500 for an ultra comfort journey why they do not ahve any problems worker paying some 2500 to 4000.
2If they can pay Railway fare why they are not paying thsi fare to truckers. Are workers travelling through Trucks are not working.
3. Is there and shoe manufacturer which produces shoes which can travel 1700 Kms.
4. Is it possible for anyone to travel some 1700 Kms in this temperature.
5. How these 1700 Kms travellers spend their night, on open highways without mosquitoes and thefts. Is Indian law and order so great.
6. How these people attend natures call and other daily drills 7. Can someone travel 1700 Kms without bath and if not where they bath on highways, Are there any facilities provided.
Indian Media, Politicians, intellectuals and power brokers have complicated every thing and even after 50 days of lockdown. Corona is increasing day by day and our all sacrifices of 50 days appears to have been wasted by vested interest.
I ahve talked to persons and their relatives who ahve already reached UP from Mumbai on Trucks and all these facts are based on their statements and can never be wrong. more
Problems of migrant labours can't be understood by those who spend ( sorry torment their brain) in the comfort of air-conditioned apartment/ car/offices and can afford to pay multiples of thousands for a dinner. more