After a 50 hours of sleeper class journey, I understand the arrogance of the staff
1. Actual ticket cost is Rs.770/- per head. We paid Rs.4650/- for two under dynamic fare through online premeum tatkal booking. The coach TC justifies the fare minus the basic needs of the travellers.
2. I could see live how a TT generated a sum of black money
3. I saw the misery of general class ticket holders who were our co-passengers in sleeper class births.
4. Police / Military personnel of lower cadre were made to travel on waiting list tickets and sleep on the floor in the nights. So the population of one compartment was 11 instead of 8
5. I witnessed the horrible pantry service who loot the railways and the common people
6. There were signs of some attempts to bring changes in railways for better. But, the ground staff has not changed absolutely leading to the same level of dirt what I saw 2 years back.
Actually, it is the nexus of contract staff with the Railways field staff who manipulate both the passengers and the Government. more