Foods every diabetic should consume
* Cinnamon: It is effective in dropping blood sugar levels and reducing the risk for developing type 2 diabetes. It has also been discovered that this spice had the power to reduce increasing blood glucose, total cholesterol, triglycerides and bad LDL cholesterol while raising the good HDL cholesterol. Therefore, it is necessary to consult the doctor before starting any supplement or eating plan.
* Citrus fruits: People with diabetes tend to have low Vitamin C levels in their bodies, so antioxidant-packed citrus fruits can be a nice way to snack on. Vitamin C pills might seem as a quick supplement but as fruits are naturally low in fat, high in fiber, and delivers lots of other healthy nutrients, citrus fruits must be the first choice.
* Green tea: Drinking green tea can calm the chronic inflammation that increases the risk of heart attacks and ruins the body's ability to absorb blood sugar. The tea is packed with flavonoids that are powerful inflammation-fighters.
* Fenugreek: Fenugreek is yet another spice which helps in lowering blood sugar levels in people with both type one two diabetes as well as those with pre-diabetes. The fiber in fenugreek seeds is effective in slowing down the digestion of carbohydrates and one can either take it as a pill, as a tea or in a variety of dishes.
* Nuts: Nuts are enriched with tocotrienols and hence, eating them regularly can lower the rates of heart disease caused by diabetes.
* Garlic: This has the properties of lowering cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Garlic extracts can increase the amount of insulin available in people with diabetes. more