Eye Care - 5 exercises
1. Blink your eyes: Sit comfortably and blink your eyes for around 10-15 times quickly. Close your eyes and relax for 20-25 seconds. Now focus on your breath and wait for few minutes. Repeat this exercise for about 5-6 times every day.
2. Rotational viewing: Sit and keep your head still. Focus your eyes on your right thumb and make a full circle with it. Repeat this exercise five times each in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction. Repeat this with your left thumb. Close your eyes and relax.
3. View sideways: Sit and look at a point straight in front of you. Keep your head straight and shift your vision to the extreme left side. Look straight for some time and shift your vision to the extreme right side. Repeat this exercise 10 to 20 times. Close your eyes and rest.
4. Near and distant viewing: Stand or sit near an open window with a clear view. Focus on the tip of your nose for 5-20 seconds. Repeat this for about 10 to 20 times. Close and relax your eyes. Also observe your breathing pattern during the process. Inhale during close viewing. Exhale during distant viewing.
5. Up and down viewing: Sit and raise your right thumb up keeping your arms straight. Follow the movement of your thumb with your eyes. When it raised to the maximum, bring it down slowly to the starting position. Keep focusing your thumb all the time. Repeat the same process with the left thumb. Practice this 3-5 times with each thumb. Close the eyes and relax. more