Electric shock from substandard products
Look at these dangerous multiplug product by brand called CONA selling in market and online. Manufacturer is CONA industries of maharashtra.
Not sure if they are following BIS norms which should be mandatory for multiplugs.
Will BIS investigate please and come back. When was certificate given. When was last audit?? more
Cona products are also popular in the market because of their good quality comparable with other branded products. The illustrated multi plug might got damaged because of the reason clarified by Mr. V S Murthy Maddala or purchasing a duplicate product online. more
While I have not used at least extensively Cona electrical items, I have come across this brand as reasonably good brand. To the best of my knowledge, the damage is due to using an appliance requiring more power (thereby higher Current) in a socket of lesser capacity. more
Was the product 'ISI' stamped? more
Anchor Electrical accessories for ages have carried the ISI tradition (now BIS) for standard manufacturing. These days we have Havells, Standard and many other brands but if despite being a literate and educated individual people go for cheap products Online which neither have Quality nor the Certification then they have only themselves to blame. more
this is not the companies fault. First of all now a days in newly constructed houses does not have the proper earthing. And the second is, as you show the picture it is only the main cause of neglecting by you the loose screw of the pin. When we connect the multipurpose adapter in the socket, the pins of this adapter get loosen due to the plug inserted and remove of the electrical instruments from it. Some time due to moisture it may burn. But the most common reason it the pin screw get loose and you neglected this. This same situation can come with in any high priced adapter. more