Dream if all Gurgaon schools have same uniform?
Each school has its own couple of (regular, house uniform, winter etc) uniforms. Uniforms are available only in school uniform shops, on specified time. Cost of uniforms is very high. Imagine both parents are working in Delhi, leave home before 8 am return back in the evening. How difficult is it to get child uniform?
All Gurgaon schools have same uniform say white shirt, grey trouser and similar combination for girls. Schools may have small tag with school name placed with pin or stitched on shirt to distinguish particular school. May have particular house coloured scarf, rather than complete new uniform. Similarly common uniform colour sweater/blazer can be defined for winter. Schools should not change uniforms frequently.
Big players will come into this market so price will come down. Neighbourhood shops will start selling uniforms. Even school uniform shop may also allow continuing. Many parents may purchase uniform from any neighbourhood school and save fuel, time, and road traffic.
Benefits of this:
1. Uniforms will be available in shops near your house so don't need to go to school as per shop time. Parents can buy uniform in the evening or over weekend from nearby shop.
2. Many big vendors will come in to this; volume will be high so prices will come down.
3. Uniform waste will be reduced
4. It will save lot of parents money
5. Simplified uniforms will make kids and parents life easier
6. Kids don’t need to buy new uniform even if change school within city
7. It will be very convenient for parent to buy uniform, will save time, fuel, road traffic
8. It will save lot of school management/administration critical time wasted on uniform related matters, dealing with uniform shop vendor, kids and parents complains etc. Schools may focus their energy more on academics, betterment of students etc
Hope all respective stakeholders, decision makers, impacted parents, Govt authorities will take constructive step in this direction. more