District Administration - Inputs on Issues
In the past we have done a review of workings of States and what needs to be done to improve State Governance.
Today we take it to the district level and want to seek your inputs on various issues that you have experienced working with district administration i.e. Collector, District Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner, Tehsildar etc.
Please list all issues faced and then we will work on Root Causes, Solutions. The objective is to put together a whitepaper which can be shared with Central/State Leaderships to implement changes that will improve District Functioning in India and make it more citizen oriented.
We look forward to your inputs!
Rajendra Pratap Gupta more
This is one of the earliest posts. I hope the matter in the post had been compiled and shared with the central / state authorities. The information about the changes that can be brought /will be brought or the reaction of the concerned authorities is available. The sharing of this information will go a long way in more and more persons taking interest in such discussion.
Please share such a piece of information. more
2. Approach is required of influential persons or middle men to meet these officers and getting the work done.
3. There are either very strict officers who will not listen properly and easily say No. On the other hand few officers will always pretend doing work for unknown people by writing letters or making phone calls in their coded languages, meaning thereby whether the work is to be done/not done/keep in suspended animation.
4. Even in visiting hours, they are in multitasking mode i.e. listening to two/three people at a time, disposing files, attending/making calls not relevant to visitors.
5. The Sahibs are mostly on duties outside their offices, but many timely on attending their clubs, VIPs
6. Most of them are unaware of earthly realities.
7. These sahibs are "highly knowledgeable & experts of all fields" and they are supposed to take up any responsibility of any kind of district/tehsil/secretariat/ industries/corporate/education/technical/field/office of any functional area.
8. They are very courteous when they have their work from others but reverse is almost opposite.
9. Highly technical & knowledgeable persons are quite inferior to them, as they are the bosses of such people.
10. They must be rotated in other side of table jobs to know the worldly realities i.e. sales, teaching, training, placement of students, pre & post services, admission of poor students in technical courses jobs etc. more
For complaints regarding local matters
In every city and that number could be carefully watched or taken care of every
And a one number for one state
So if complaint not resolved locally
In specified time that may be lodged
On state contact number more