Direct tax code

Allow people to pay tax based on individual income or family income. In other words, there should be 2 slabs for income tax payment. If there are just 2 members in a family and if both are earning, both may pay tax based on individual income which may be cheap to them . On other cases, if one member is earning and 5 family members are dependant on him, let him pay tax based on family income which can be cheaper to him. Based on number of dependants which can be verified based on number of persons staying together which can be verified by ration card. The tax rate may suitably be devised so that family tax can become cheaper than individual tax. Or depends. If 2 persons are earning with 5 family members. they may pay tax based on individual income or family income of both combined based on 5 members family. That may depend on slab code. In USA, there is concept of family based income tax also. Similar way can be adopted in India also. This will help big families where income earner is single. This may also help in maintaining joint family values. more  

View all 21 comments Below 21 comments
This is critical requirement given the cost of living and difficulty to manage with single salary. more  
As per prevailing Income Tax Rules, every family member having individual sources of income is liable to pay income tax depending upon their individual income slabs and submit the return separately. Every adult member is treated as separate entity even though they are in a joint family. more  
Wrong Declarations, Tax evasions shall be subjected to Check of Wealth of all sources more  
You are asking to change the tax code?? more  
Since we are over populated Govt does not want to encourage this.During 60s there were concessions available to person for up to 2 kids in IT.i.e.1) if you are bachelor 2) if you are married 3) if you have one kid and 4) if you have 2 kids.Concessions were available depending on above. more  
I was retired voluntarily on prerevised salary from PSU after it's closure by Govt. without any pension and medical facilities . I request FM/PM to consider Tax relief to sons/daughters who support parents like me.Local Circles may also take up this matter with Government. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

Share To
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)