Curbing ticketless travel in Railways - Addl Inputs
Below are your key inputs to curb ticketless travel in Railways. Kindly review and if you have any additional and specific solutions, please share with us. We look forward to sharing the same with Hon'ble Minister and his leadership team.
Curbing ticketless travel in Railways
1. Ticketless traveler should be charged 10 times the actual ticket amount. Some foreign countries charge up to 50 times from ticketless travelers
2. A ‘point system’ should be created for passengers informing about ticketless travel, which could be accumulated and used towards buying train tickets
3. Any traveler should be able to report a ticketless traveler via sms which in turn is delivered to the TTE of that train. If validated by TTE, the reporting traveler gets points credited to their account
4. No VIP aides should be permitted without a ticket of the coach in which they are traveling
5. Barriers should be installed on platforms on the same lines as the metro, so that only people with tickets could enter the platform
6. The entry of stations should be redesigned to accommodate large volumes of people entering and existing stations in an organized manner
7. Without scanning the ticket on the exit scanner, one should not be able to EXIT the platform
8. Tickets should have barcodes
9. Auto ticket checking machine can be installed at each entry point
10. TTEs should be assigned trains and should make sure that all the tickets are properly checked
11. The TTE during checking unreserved compartment should be accompanied with an armed RPF/Railway Police personnel authorized to take action against ticketless travel.
12. The exits of the platforms should also be guarded by the TTEs while passengers de-board and tickets should be checked of the exiting passengers
13. Outsourcing of checking is an option which can be considered
14. TTEs should be given weekly targets to catch ticket less travellers with a performance incentive at target and upside when exceeding targets
15. Big lines at the ticket counter are a major reason for ticketless travel. The number of ticket windows should be increased and additional ticket sales outlets/distribution partners should be enabled for tickets of unreserved category.
16. Ticket vending machines should also be installed to make purchasing tickets easier. more