Corruption in Railways Whitepaper
Thanks for your inputs on the subject of Corruption in Railways.
Below is the link to the whitepaper on the subject.
This whitepaper has personally been submitted to the Railways Minister yesterday.
Please review and share if you have any additional inputs.
Thanks for your participation!
Rajendra Pratap Gupta more
Reply by IRCTC / Railway Officer on Senior citizen Issue: Sweet English Answer but not real level solution
Issue : All Senior Citizen got Upper and middle seat in booking – it is drawback or incapability of railway software or insensitivity of Railway /IRCTC . There should be some penalty clause for railway also
Please note that your reservation request is processed by the centralized Passenger Reservation System (PRS) of Railways and allotment of accommodation is done by the System without any manual intervention. The berths are allotted based on the system logic, depending on availability at that point of time. Further the reservation through the Internet is being done against the general quota and specific accommodation is not earmarked for the purpose of Internet reservations.
Please note that at the time of journey you can request the fellow-passengers for change of the seats. It is not possible to change the berth after booking.
Kindly note that according to Railway Rules SS Quota will be applied if there is only one Senior Citizen (of the age 45 and above for females and 60 and above for males) in one transaction and seats will be allotted according to it. SS Quota will not be considered for the transaction in which there are more than one Senior Citizen.
Thanks & Regards
Available seat should be shown by graphically in railway also and site should be user friendly
Two great example for the same:
Benchmarking example and Ideas
1. Air line online checking and boarding pass system,
2. Movie booking book my show site it shows available seat and allow us to choose the seat available.
3. Volvo bus booking site
4. Need of transparency in rail ticket booking system – available seat should be shown by graphically in railway also ( two great example for the same: air line online checking and boarding pass system, and 2nd one as we book any movie ticket by book my show site it shows available seat and allow us to choose the seat available.
As we know about India is country of culture , supporting family culture and joint family culture , respective senior citizen But due to recent western trend these value missing to re-establish the link government should have to come with new solution
1. Special reservation for senior citizen in railway means at least lower birth confirmation if person is senior citizen
2. Surety of reservation if senior citizen travelling in railway
3. Current system in railway ticket reservation is not perfect intelligent. Most of the time if we choose lower birth ticket required ticket was not booked and money goes in fail transaction. Or if we choose none to at least book the ticket it gives middle or upper birth in railways train. So lower seat reservation quota should be introduce by railway government for senior citizen , handicap person, pregnant women, and girls like in our metro train. Proper reservation marking should be defined in our new train system. more
• हम अच्छी सेवाओं की पेशकश के लिए रेलवे को सेवा कर का भुगतान करते हैं. ट्रेन देर से चल रहे हैं तो क्यों पेनल्टी क्लॉज लापता है. रेलवे टिकट राशि का 10 गुना 3 घंटे तो देर से अधिक ट्रेन के लिए आईआरसीटीसी द्वारा भुगतान किया जाना चाहिए.
• We do pay service tax to railway for offering good services. if train are running late then why does Penalty clause missing . 10 time of railway ticket amount should be paid by IRCTC for train late more than 3 hour. more