Consumer Grievances in Real Estate - What can be done
1. There is no check list draft for consumers to check for legitimate development and there is no broadcast of events, news papers are filled with commercial advertisement but estate officer will give no policy, check list for events like
1. Change of land use certification
2. Area approved for developer for CLU provided. There shall be mandatory print out displayed in office of real estate developer.
3. Environmental Clearance (Water Supply, Drainage and Treatement)
4. Estate Office has no check on financials of builders from where the money will be sourced to close the project from inception till closure. Huge Financial Greed is governing real estate industry.
For Eg Builder started his project with 250 Flats with 5 Blocks, with marketing all 5 blocks together. Without financial closure, bulider will put entire project at stake, if individual can not make one home, builder can not make 100 homes, without consumers money.
Government shall get the security deposit from builder, banks etc and disburse the payment to contractor. It is public money.
5. Fire Safety Norms / Rain Water Disposal etc are again major issues. Certificates for clearance to be made public.
6. Design and implementation of multi storey is a major criteria. Competency to approve design and basis of design for mass housing shall be through government approved on panel consultants.
7. For individual plot developers, background of property with mutation data shall be available
8. Complete Purchase sale and resale process shall be made public.
9. Real Estate developed under village panchayats and muncipal corporation, system shall be available.
10 Government shall authorise more private professional people to validate plans, and shall cancel the license of a person if norms are violated till completion of the project. more