CONDITION OF RAILWAYS
1.During the whole journey of 36 hours - there was no cleaning staff for cleaning the compartment.When inquired with TTE - he informed that the contract for cleaning is not finalised.
2. The blankets supplied were torn out.
3. There was only one curtain instead of two in that birth nos 19 & 20.
4. The taps of Indian toilet of that compartment were leaking.
5. The attendant was supposed provide the towels to the passengers. Which he didn't and supplied the next day and that too when asked for. These were not given to all passengers.
6. Room freshners are generally sprayed in the compartment. But on this trip it was not done.
I am having the photos of the above mentioned points.
People will definitely grumble if such a lousy service is provided even after increasing the fare. more
WHat is also important is apathy of our own citizens we see our our people littering in trains, misuse the facilities etc. Strict fines should be imposed on miscreants.
As for level of services, i think one way to arrest this is by installing CCTV cameras in all compartments, apart from enhancing security to a great extent it can also be used to take actions against corrupt rail officials.
Railways should also work to ensure best amenities for passengers in both compartments and trains. Do we know that there is hardly any assistance for physically disable peopled and senior citizens like wheel chair assistance etc.
Similarly, you would have noticed that the catering people on board block the entry doors of the coaches with the trays. I had banged the catering Manager and waiters many a times and the passengers too for not raising alarm. This has to be got stopped since during fire incidents the root cause of people stuffed in the coach and not able to escape, this can be one of the reason. A complaint of Rajdhani Express was made by me to Southern Railway sending them the photographs. They took action on Catering contractor.
We will have to be vigilant during journey. You cannot expect 100% safety implied. more