College Protests, Activism, Violence: Root Causes
Once we understand Issues and Root Causes, we will have a separate discussion on Solutions that must be implemented to address them.
We look forward to your inputs!
College Protests, Activism, Violence: Key Issues
1. College protests leads to loss of curriculum time for the students
2. It disrupts the academic process of the college
3. Several times institutes and education subsidized by tax payers is wasted because students and/or faculty are more interested in activism
4. Fights break out during protests which leads to many students getting hurt
5. It creates an atmosphere of uncertainty in the college and many parents get scared of sending their wards to the college
6. In many cases people from outside enter the college to join the protests and get involved in scuffles
7. Some anti-nationalists use college protests to spring up their own agenda
8. These protests and violence leads to a lot of damage of the college infrastructure
9. Political parties use these protests to try and get mileage for themselves
10. Many times Innocent students unknowingly get involved with the wrong people. more