Circle on Coronavirus Swine Flu Influenza
This coronavirus could become an epidemic. Just last night nearly 15,000 new cases and 242 new deaths were recorded in a single day in Hubei Province, the center of the coronavirus outbreak, largely because the authorities there had expanded their diagnostic tools for counting new infections.
Until now, only infections confirmed by specialized testing kits were considered accurate. But those kits have been in such short supply — and so many sick people have gone untested — that the authorities in Hubei have started counting patients whose illness have been screened and identified by doctors.
The result was a sudden — and large — spike in the overall tally for the coronavirus: more than 1,300 people killed and well over 50,000 infected. more
Hand washing does not mean you need to use sophisticated 'hand wash packs' or ;hand sanitizers. Efficacy of such formulations have been questioned. Ordinary toilet soap, with or without antiseptics incorporated - are quite effective. create a foam in both of your hands and triturate well both the palms and their backs, between all the fingers for about 20 seconds.
Till date nothing is established whether about the virus or its remedial measures. Therefore, we need to fall back on all known modes of prevention of virus infection. Occasional sniffing of handkerchieves soaked with eucalyptus oil (also known as Nilgiri Oil) is also stated to be a preventive measure. more
1. Advisory has been issued against visiting china.
2. No advisory issued but people themselves need to be cautious and avoid travel to south east asia - hong kong, singapore, thailand, cambodia.
3. tight screening of persons coming back from china directly or indirectly that is en route china is already being done. (kerela has announced 3 cases)
4. city hospitals may be asked to arm themselves with virus testing kits. (a minimum number)
5. people themselves can avoid hand shakes sharing food for a while. more