Building and Sustaining Public Toilets - Additional Inputs
can be built and sustained with participation from citizens, businesses, NGOs, etc.
If you have additional ideas, kindly share them.
Swachh Bharat Mission
Building and Sustaining more Public Toilets
1. All petrol pumps and CNG fuelling stations should be required to build and maintain a clean public toilet
2. Each housing society and colony RWA should be asked to adopt at least one public toilet in the vicinity
3. Every market association must be required build and maintain a men and women public toilet in their market
4. Corporates could be asked to build and maintain toilets under CSR and they could be allowed to advertise on the outer walls
5. Corporates must be required to build and maintain 1 or more public toilets in the vicinity of their offices/factories/warehouses
6. All toll gates should have public toilets maintained by the company operating the toll
7. It should be made mandatory for restaurant bigger than 300 sq ft, where people go and sit to have food and drinks, to have a toilet. Otherwise it should not be allowed to function
8. Every Shopping Complex - small or big should build and maintain 2-3 toilets for public use
9. Sulabh type paid toilet complexes should be built next to as many bus stands as possible
10. Fast food joints like KFC, McDonalds, Subway etc. should be asked to open their toilets for general public use.
11. Every public park and garden small or big must be required to have and maintain a clean public toilet. more