BENEFITS OF PEAR.
1. Fights Free Radicals: The presence of vitamin C, vitamin K and copper in pears fights against free radicals that damage our body cells through oxidative stress.
2. Lowers Cholesterol: Abundant fiber in pears, reduces the cholesterol in the body, protects us from heart diseases and reduces the risk of stroke by up to 50%. Also high pectin content helps lower cholesterol levels.
3. Prevents Cancer: Fiber present in pears binds to carcinogenic cells and aids expulsion preventing colon cancer. Also contains a plethora of antioxidants reducing cell damage byfree radicals.
4. Hypo-Allergenic: Pears have long been the first fruit fed to infants considering not only their easy digestive properties but even more for their lower probability to induce any allergic reactions.
5. Blood Sugar Regulator: Enjoy the sweetness of this wonder fruit without the guilt of affecting your sugar levels. Pear’s low glycemic index along with high fiber content helps keep your sugar levels in check. Very few fruits can provide the quality of nutrients with the taste, making it an ideal diabetic fruit.
6. Immunity Booster: Heighten your internal security system against external attacks by making pears a part of your fruit diet. Anti-oxidants like vitamin C and copper are responsible for prepping the immune system up.
7. Strengthens Bones: A pH imbalance in our body can create havoc on the density and quality of our bones. A proper pH balance with adequate calcium is a must for our skeletal fitness. Crucial element Boron in pears helps the body to consume calcium, preventing and slowing down the onset of bone related disorders, including osteoporosis.
8. Infuses Energy: Pears provide easy-to-absorb, instant fructose and glucose source for replenish our energy stores. Especially helpful to recharge yourself from fatigue post workouts and strenuous activity.
9. Digestion Aid: The insoluble fiber smoothly maneuvers through the digestive tract and prevents colon polyps. The diuretic properties of pectin aids in toxic waste disposal and its laxative effect regulates bowel movement and cures constipation.
10. During Pregnancy: One of the key elements for a smooth pregnancy is Folic acid. This provides the fetus with required impetus to keeps congenital defects like spinal deformities (Spina Bifida) and neural tube defects at bay.
11. Infant Food: Pear has been the food of choice for weaning (first food post mother’s milk) children because it is hypoallergenic, low in acid content, aids smooth digestion and is very sweet to taste.
12. Organ Tonic: Taken regularly, pears have shown excellent curative properties against diseases related to the gallbladder (gallstones), colon (colitis), and bones (arthritis and gout).
13. Regulates Blood Pressure: Pears help regulate blood pressure and prevent stroke, as it contains anti-carcinogen glutathione and a variety of anti-oxidants.
14. Fever Care: Consuming pear juice instills a cooling effect within the body, lowering high temperatures associated with fever. Also provides nutrients alleviating convalescence.
15. Breathing Soother: Summer heat can contribute to increased phlegm especially in kids. Pear juice not only provides a cooling effect but also help loosen phlegm aiding it expulsion and providing instant relief.
16. Throat Soother: Pears help alleviate problems associated with throat inflammation, especially during summers. Pear juice cools and nourishes the throat and soothes your vocal chords.
17. Skin Care: Fiber is a major contributor to healthy, youthful, supple skin as it controls blood sugar and avoids damage to collagen due to frequent sugar spikes. Antioxidants Vitamin C, vitamin K and copper combating harmful free radicals preventing wrinkles, oily Skin, Acne, and pimples. Natural humectants in pears keep the skin hydrated and it also acts as a natural scrub.
18. Hair Care: Pears contain a natural sugar alcohol named ‘sorbitol’ or ‘glucitol’, which nourishes hair follicles, nourishes and hydrates the scalp, reduces hair dryness, tames frizzy hair, and restores lost shine.
19. Nutritional Benefits: Pears are excellent source of water-soluble fiber. They contain vitamins A, B1, B2, C, E, folate and niacin. It is also rich in copper, phosphorus, and potassium, with lesser amounts of calcium, chlorine, iron, magnesium, sodium and sulfur. more