Back seating and car seat mandatory for children
See image below, Shahrukh Khan flouting rules, his young son abraham sitting in a convertible without any seat belt driving through mumbai. flashy acts of convertible aside, this is just setting bad example.
I understand car seat may not be affordable for all and many cars in india dont allow room for carseat but atleast law should be such that children always sit at back. more
- Children in the front seat with out a seat belt
- Children on driver's lap while he/she is driving
- Children standing between the 2 front seats
- Children standing on the back seat
- Children sitting in an open dickie.
- Children as pillion riders - with no safety at all
- Children riding in the front of the bike with no safety harness and usually fast asleep.
- Children riding facing backwards on the pillion seat
- Children usually fall asleep on a moving vehicle
- Parents driving on the wrong side of the road or speeding while riding or driving with children
- Underage children riding bikes
- Children jumping on and off buses when it is still moving
- Children standing on the foot board of buses or hanging on to windows or sitting on top of buses
- Parents are the main culprits. They put their children in harms way.
- The police is not equipped or trained to deal with these situations.
- Many police are seen breaking the law themselves.
- If you do file a case our grandchildren will still be fighting with no result. more