Anti Terrorism Preparedness for Railways - Addl Inputs
We will soon compile the whitepaper for Hon'ble Railway Minister and Railway Board so actions can be taken.
Reducing Vulnerability of Railways to Terrorism
1. X ray scanners should be installed at major railway stations
2. Railway police should be given special training on prevention, detection and fighting
3. Luggage restriction should be placed like airlines
4. Dog squads should do a routine round of stations
5. Railway stations should be brought under the CCTV lens to keep a close vigil
6. Unaccounted baggage in passenger coupes should be immediately confiscated
7. Each ticket booking should require an identity card
8. Only uniformed rail workers must be allowed to work on rail tracks
9. The unconventional exits and entries on stations should be sealed and proper vigilance ensured
10. All coaches should have sufficient number of working alarms which are easily accessible by passengers
11. A safety/security hotline should be established and publicized so passengers can easily call and report suspicious activity/objects
12. Cleaning staff should also undergo security checking
13. All Railway staff should be trained to stay vigilant
14. Redundant staff in many of the functions should be re-deployed into safety and disaster response
15. All Rail police force should be drawn from para military forces equipped with latest weapons
16. All rail engines must be equipped with sensors capable of sensing of any kind of breakage in the tracks from at least a couple of kms away. more
suniel would like to stay in touch on LinkedIn.
chairman at palmon impex pvt ltd
Mumbai Area, India
View profile https://www.linkedin.com/comm/in/suniel-lahori-21138415?trk=eml-guest-invite-pprofile-link-cta&trkEmail=eml-invite_guest-null-418-null-null-%7Euy977e%7Ejfkru8od%7E70-null-neptune%2Fprofile%7Evanity%2Eview&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Aemail_invite_guest%3BeSiYWbmATQ%2BOWUaIVkDFKg%3D%3D
Confirm that you know suniel https://www.linkedin.com/comm/start/accept-invitation?sharedKey=SGWEeRru&invitationId=6387044121089019945&trk=eml-guest-invite-cta&trkEmail=eml-invite_guest-null-416-null-null-%7Euy977e%7Ejfkru8od%7E70-ssuw-start%7Esignup%7Ewarm&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Aemail_invite_guest%3BeSiYWbmATQ%2BOWUaIVkDFKg%3D%3D
You are receiving Invitation emails. LinkedIn will use your email address to make suggestions to our members in features like People You May Know.
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Â© 2018 LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2. LinkedIn is a registered business name of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company. LinkedIn and the LinkedIn logo are registered trademarks of LinkedIn. more
2. more police presence, - we need to hire more police members according to character and not according to bribe or reservations. No reservations in police like there are no reservations in army.
3. checking tickets with ID,
4. internet record of tickets like in airlines,
5. screening of luggage like in airlines,
6. no chain , so train is not stopped by miscreants as what happened in godhra train burning.
7. Frequent checking of railway line , so no one plants a bomb in the rail road or it is found out as soon as it is planted.
8. Increased security along railway lines - may be the area should be cordoned off. more
I strongly suspect that a very few men, poorest cleaning workers below poverty line, may involve out of dare necessity for money to encourage such inhuman act. The family history of all the cleaning workers and their day to day activities will yield such information, if true in case of extra ordinary circumstances. more