ALREADY THERE IS A CHANGE.
Time is a luxury our bureaucrats shall no longer have. Places of idle leisure like India Habitat Centre, India International Centre, Delhi Golf Club and Delhi Gymkhana are now unofficially forbidden places.
There's also string of directives like:
• Officials are expected to reach work at 9 am sharp; must report to superior if late by 15 minutes or more
• Notice to habitual late comers after 6 months.
• Stay late whenever needed. Cut on holidays. No more laid back leisure lunches.
• Biometric scanners to track attendance
• Files can't wait on a table for more than 2 days. An explanation will be demanded if files aren't cleared for a week.
• Increase interpersonal communication to speed up work, don't send files back and forth for resolving small issues.
The urban development and housing and urban poverty alleviation ministries under Venkaiah Naidu are going a step further. A 'file movement officer' will seek to verify which files are pending, with whom and for what reason.
The measures are already showing colours. A bus operator to central secretariat was heard saying "Earlier, I used to wait at stops. Now they are already waiting for me”