A 90 year Veteran asking for One Rank One Pension (OROP) Whose Medals were Ribbed Off and his shirt torn by Police.
Off and his shirt torn by Police.
1 The images played out by media of MANHANDLING OF VETERANS by Police is most disturbing and TOTALLY UN ACCEPTABLE.
2. The insensitive Political and Civil establishment has played with Fire.
3. Apparently there are vested Political interests in the Government who have ensured that this contentious issue does not reach its logical conclusion because of Political Rivalry.
4. The Govt. (P.M.) will be well advised to intervene immediately and come out with a TIME FRAME before Media and Politicians in the Govt. do more damage to THE LAST BASTION and ultimate protector of the Peace and Tranquility the whole nation enjoys.
5. A veteran with his torn KURTA SPORTING MEDALS RIBBONS in scuffle with Police being played on TV is a grave warning . Hark !!!!.
6. The Protectors of the Country have now become Security Risks!!!.
7. If not controlled in time can become a risk to our Democratic Institution. more
By applying these criteria, I feel Julian L.Simon as one among the many great economists.
Don’t miss to read some parts with summaries of some chapters of one of his work THE ULTIMATE RESOURCE , of course, culled from the internet
Unfortunately our information input and subconsciously opinion molding is both done by these popular media houses who too suffer from selective amnesia and collective indifference. Let us not fall a prey to that. You may also read of relevance to the last 4 points
Edward Tenner: Unintended consequences
and Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Statistics