1. Buy only if you have the essentiality. Do not buy any item just under peer pressure.
2. No trader or the financing Institution works of r the charity and hence no "zero percent EMI" available in the real sense. Whatever is advertised is just to mislead you.
3. Please negotiate with the traders. You can always bargain may be around 5 to 10% reduction in the prices for the items which are announced for 6 to 12 monthly EMIs.
4. Since the spreading of the message to the public is a step to discipline the traders/industry/financial institutions, please bring out your experience in this circle as well as other public domains like facebook/ twitter etc. so that other buyers gets aware of malpractices.
5. Any VAT charged on the discounted price is unethical as you have the right to get on the price arrived after discount advertised. Since MRP is inclusive of all taxes and hence the discounted prices are also inclusive of VAT. more