Unsafe Practices at Stations and in Trains - Inputs Requested
To make Indian Railways more safe it is important that we understand what are all the unsafe practices of today.
Please share everything unsafe you have observed when travelling by Railways.
We will then summarize them, break them down into different categories i.e. Citizens, Railways, Enforcement etc and develop solutions.
Together, let us work on making Indian Railways safer! more
2. Wet platforms due to dripping pipes/rain/due to passengers.
3. Difference in the height between the train & platform edge.
4. Entry of unauthorised people into compartments - unreserved passengers into reserved coaches/vendors/beggars etc.
5. Open doors - leading to footboard travel & murder due to deliberately pushing someone out of the train.
6. Food safety
7. Fire safety - use of fire retardant material & provision of fire extinguishers.
8. Railway accidents - due to human error/technical error/faulty materials
9. Allowing rail roko etc to happen in stations - if entry to platform is restricted then this can be prevented. Anyone including railway staff who try to disrupt rail service should be severely dealt with including use of force if required.
10. Pest control more
The recent time we see accidents of people attempting to board moving trains. Even as a child , sometimes I thought it to be fun. But honestly in recent times when I see the safety concerns and the number of people loosing their lives in the same , the irst and basic safety one has to ensure on any Indian train is that doors of all compartments need to be securely fastened . This needs to be done if we are attempting to increase the speed of our trains to 200 + KMPH. In addition to this we need a proper vestibule designed which is corrosion free so that the air cut within two compartments can be minimised thereby stabilising the whole train. It will also make passing through vestibules safer for passengers as well as staff. Periodic anouncements of making people board the train in time does not seem to have any sort of effect as people consider it fun to board moving trains and peep outside the doors while the train is moving. Something dangerous not just to passenger as well as train. In this situation, in the next budget , it should be made mandatory safety compliance as well as a law which states that train doors must be securely fastened in order to prevent accidents , mid way entries in the form of armed robbers into train compartments. more