Construction Services in India - Key Issues
LocalCircles and Bureau of Indian Standards have decided to work together on the formation of Construction Services standards in India.
With this post we would like to seek everyone's inputs on what are the issues that they have faced in regards to construction services in India whether it is residential, commercial or public property. The objective it to accumulate all issues first. You must also share this post link with all friends, family and fellow society/colony residents so many more people have access to such a discussion and participate in the formation of Construction Services standards in India.
We look forward to your inputs! more
There are many reasons for the collapse of the buildings besides the quality construction.
1. Design Aspects:
a) Architectural Design: It needs to make proper planning of the any types of the units-residential, commercial or public places. Apart from the planning, the need of proper putting in place of the plumbing and sanitary pipes. Architectural planning in grid will help the structural designer to have proper structural design more precisely more efficient and makes the safety system right from the Architectural planning.
b) Structural Design: This is one of the most important parts of the building design. The life of the building with proper design is usually 75 years. The structural frame works required for the proper design; proper location of the columns, beams and grids. The structural system also needed to have alternate path to transfer the loads in case of the failure of the main structural members.
2. Method of constructions: following points shall be kept in mind.
• Line & Level
• Mixing the concrete/cement mortar
• Form works
3. Maintenance: The building shall be periodically maintained particularly painting, crack filling and stoppages of the leakages. These points are causes of making damages and subsequently failure condition.
4. Neglecting: The owner should not make any drastic changes in the structural system.
5. Education: needs to educate people the awareness of the maintenance of the building. And civil engineer to more active and hard working.
6. Check List: While preparing the construction project the main points as well as important steps at the time of execution, the check list shall be prepared. more
Unless Indian cities are made by knowledgeable builders ,towns continue to have all sorts of problems. more
P K Mathur