Who is the new king of fruits?
What you may not know is that the humble, tropical *PAPAYA*, available throughout the year, turns out to be the *king of fruits!*.
*Papaya* has been selected by the WHO (World Health Organisation) for the second consecutive year as the fruit with the highest nutritional values, the *king of fruits!*.
Why? Here r the facts abt the papaya!!
The nutritional values of papaya r as follows:
1. *Calcium* is twice as much as apples.
2. *Vitamin C* is 13 times that of apples, 7 times that of bananas, 7 times that of watermelons, 8 times that of cherries, and 1.3 times that of pineapples.
3. *Vitamin A* is 10 times that of kiwi fruits, 18 times that of apples, 1.5 times that of bananas, 1.5 times that of watermelons, 15 times that of cherries and 16 times that of pineapples.
4. *Vitamin K* is 5 times that of bananas, 2.5 times that of watermelons, and 4 times that of pineapples.
5. *Carotenoids* related to eye protection, including lycopene, beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, are 2000 times more than kiwi fruits, apples, cherries and pineapples. Bananas, and guavas have no such ingredients.
The above source is from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) 2016. more
It's something similar to some world forum declaring six times in a year that the Indian national anthem is the best of all .......... more
Fruits are supposed to be taken at least an hour before cooked meals .
Fruits get digested faster than other foods .If fruits are taken after
meals without a gap , the digested fruit [whatever may
it be ] in the guts would have to move down . The
meals takes more time to digest hence takes time give
way for the early digested fruits .
So the fruits taken immediately after any meal starts to
get decayed as it is not allowed to move down after the initial digestion is completed . That is what causes gastric distension.
EVEN IF TAKING AFTER MEALS, MAKE SURE TO GIVE
A GAP OF AN HOUR SO THAT COOKED MEALS GETS DIGESTED
MAKE WAY FOR THE FRUITS DOWN WARD .
That way one can avoid gastric distensions.
And special mention about 2 Fruits as they have Proteases [Protein digesting enzymes ]
One is fruit Papaya that contains Papain [papaya proteinase ], the protease ,
The other is Pine apple that contain Bromlains [protein digesting enzyme & many other benefits ].
As the food itself contains protease , the digestion of protein is fast . –
YOGA IS A SCIENCE , TIME TESTED & RETESTED BY SAGES DEDICATED TO HUMAN HEALTH & WELFARE . more