Whats cheaper offline versus online
Where Offline is cheaper than online:
1) You can build a relationship with the people in the store
2) You have assurance of quality
3) You can buy what you need based on communication with the shopkeeper rather than random choice based only on price
4) You can see and feel the product before you buy, not just images.
5) In case of a problem exchange or service is more reliable and faster
6) You save time as you can buy when you need
7) You will save environment without wastage of packaging material, which is single use. I do not buy that the trip to the neighborhood store costs fuel. The transportation of this product from warehouse to your house, after the order is placed is many more times the distance that you travel.
8) Shopping with family is a great experience.
9) You are treated as a human being, not just another "customer"
10) You have a chance for unexpected meeting with people you know. I have met some of my ex-colleagues in malls and rekindled the association after long breaks.
11) If you window shop, no one will follow you around suggesting what else you can buy - no more ads
12) You can meet fellow shoppers and exchange ideas/information with them
13) Most of the shop owners are more friendly than any online site.
14) All online stores are owned by people outside India, who are really that concerned about quality. You will find more of "made in China" products.
15) you get to know what is happening in your neighborhood - we are already hooked to gadgets for whatsapp, FB, Twitter etc. Do not need more "connected" time.
An so on. So the benefits far outweigh the "savings" you get from e-commerce. If you read their policies, the sellers are also not happy to be there, but feel compulsion. If you were to contact them, they might be happier to deal with you directly.
Finally the producers including the farmers are squeezed for giving you the lower prices. And they get paid much later than you pay the site. In the mean time, the site enjoys the funds in their control.
I only shopped online on Amazon because I got credit from office for some event. Else, I just go to the shop and buy it.
So think before you shop online next time and make the right choice to take a walk or ride to the neighborhood store more
variety of product is another issue. We find good variety to compare in online. more