Waste to Wealth :Wash it ,peel it , chuck it :
This took just 2 months to collect the peels of vegetables , fruits , Egg shells , tea and coffee decanted residues , ones and the discards from food (except the liquid ones ),though we are just two ; imagine in bigger families.
1. Bucket of 20 litre capacity – number to your requirement
2. Some soil , if living in flats , buy red soil from the Nursery.
3. Collect the charcoal left overs of the Ironer round the corner .
The process :
1. Spread a layer of soil at the bottom .
2. Start filling the collected peels left overs of kitchen waste ( the peels of vegetables , fruits , Egg shells , tea and coffee decanted residues , ones and the discards from food (except the liquid ones )
3.Alternate with layers of soil and kitchen waste . MAKE SURE TO CLOSE THE BUCKET TO PREVENT ANY RODENTS.
Keep filling in this pattern till the bucket is full . Close it air tight for a month.
Start the next Bucket , so that by the time it is full the first one is ready to be used .
Time to devote every day is just 20 minutes initially and reduced to 10 minutes.
1. No hassles of MRP problems .
2. No doubts of FASSI regulation and malpractice.
3. No chance of wax coating and other practices.
Let us try and enjoy the fruits [I mean the vegetables ! ]. more