Vaccine administration - pros and cons of cowin app
- for a given locality, it shows the list of centres. However, the address is not mentioned. And there are multiple entries for the same center. So, one is not sure if the selected center is correct or not. For example: There is an NR Colony uphc near my den. NR colony is aslo known as Narasimharaja colony. So, if I select the latter, I do not know if it is same as NR colony. If I search for Narasimharaja colony in Google, it gives a distant address. Would be good if the complete address is added in the app.
- No provision to delete an appointment. Only reschedule.
-download of scheduled appointment option does work.
- Most hospitals show as no appointment for the entire month. However, one of my friends' said that some hospitals are allowing only walkin or give tokens and that the covin appointment has to be deleted (but there is no option.
- Govt health centers are doubling up as covid test centres and vaccination centers. This could be a potential source of transmission. The two should be separated. more
This is a very simple app. Whoever has developed this has no clue of app development or how the user would use the app. more
There must be display at Vaccination centers all (Govt & Pvt )
1. Procedures of Vaccination
2. What information patients must share with Dr / Para Medical Staff like medicines taking. allergy to any drug. (No one asking this).
3. Can one take vaccine in right arm,most of adds showing only left arm.
4. Post vaccination what problems/ Symptoms citizen may experience, including mild to most mild, Like fever, Pain at vaccination point in arm, general body ache, over all low mood , lethargic, and how long these symptoms will last.
5. If any symptom effects routine life functioning then where to contact?
So far reports are quite positive and apart from minor symptome to someone, but in large it's safe.
Govt may plan for campaigns for vaccination, as Rajasthan Govt started for all MLAs, MPs & Ministers & their family members to get it at Vidhan Sabha bhawan during day time. more
But when it came to downloading certificate - my husband's was easily accessible and downloadable the same day, mine was blank as someone else had also reported. When I tried to access through my mobile on the Arogyasetu app, I get the message that reference ID is wrong every time I try. But at least the app shows on another tab that the vaccination was done for both of us.
Even the link sms sent by them opens ip my husband's downloadable certificate, while I see a blank except for my name and bare details.
How can I access my certificate as it will be needed for my second dose? There's no way to contact the authorities to sort this out and their helpline number is as good as useless! I tried and gave up in frustration.
Senior citizens like us do not need these problems over everything else. It will be better if a print of the certificate is issued to us at the vaccination centre itself!
Although I am basically a calm person this has frustrated me no end! more