Vaccination - scam or sham
In March, we were easily able to book appointments for our first shot for the same day . This month, the cowin app never shows the current date, shows only the next dates. Even then, it shows as NA or Booked.
I have been trying to find out day in (4am) day out ( upto 11pm) to find out if the slots are open. But it never shows as open.
- Govt knows they have made a thundering blunder by opening up the slots for 18-44. This is a coverup ((purposely introduced issue) in the app to hide their failure.
- Vaccines are being diverted to corporates and influential and rich apartment complexes for a consideration.
- influential people and VIPs and VVVIPs
working with centres to do private bookings (the centres have access to booking)
- Techies are blocking the slots through hacking (as mentioned in one of the posts by a fellow member) for a consideration, either for themselves or their knowns or "others", since the code is available publicly.
- data entry of availability for a date, the vaccine type, the address, pincode etc. is done by the respective center. There is no check on the data either at the center or by the app. Whatever crap is entered into the system, the cowin app vomits out.
Probably, there are more unknowns.
If this booking fiasco is specific to Bangalore/Bangalore South/Padmanabhan and family, I have no clue.
Today, the govt says "Vaccines will be available in the next 3 days..also, the caseload in Bengaluru has come down to 50 per cent from 76 per cent..(????).". But, if the app does not allow the common contactless citizen to book a slot, what is the use. more
Before replying, read the post, think and DO NOT ASSUME.. more