Unsafe Food Practices at Restaurants

I was at Cafe Coffee day few days ago with some friends and we had ordered some brownies. While waiting I observed that the server heated the brownie in a microwave in a non micowaveable cheap grade plastic container (like the one used in train chai cups). This is so unsafe as most of us know the dangers of plastic fumes mixed with food consumed.

FSSAI really should work with restaurant chains and ENSURE that they build safe food practices into their operations model.

Like to hear other ppls experiences. more  

View all 38 comments Below 38 comments
FSSAI is not manned with sufficient manpower to check all these. However, regular verification / inspection of restaurant will ENSURE that they build safe food practices into their operations model more  
Dear Ms Sanjana, FSSAI is constantly working to ensure safe and nutritious food to the consumer. To strengthen the food safety, FSSAI is developing framework to train one food safety supervisor (FSS) in each restaurant on food safety and hygiene. In this subject, FSSAI has already developed master trainers in north and west India and by next month FSS training will be started. Meanwhile, you may register your complaint at FSSAI website on below mentioned link https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/cmsweb/ more  
You are not doing much fssai so stop giving these cut and paste answers. more  
If we write in feed back/complaint book will be more useful. cafe coffee day is a big chain, they must have feed back on phone or email. E mail feedback will be more effective as it will be seen by seniors. anyway sanjana ji had done a good job by bringing it to the notice of all. Others too need to highlight such observations. more  
Whit or without plastic - it is a fact that at high temperature a chemical "acrylamide" which is highly cancerous is created. Its not wise to eat any food heated in Microwave. more  
This is totally irresponsible behavior on part of CCD. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • When to eat a banana

      Attached everyone, most people eat banana when its least nutritious. We need to change

      By Radha Puri
      /
    • Halidams packaged sweets are infested with worms

      Purchased by someone in the family in greated noida. Haldiram sweets infested by insects. Be careful people.

      By Jyotsna Dutta
      /
    • Coffee on Empty Stomach

      Taking Coffee on an Empty Stomach Can Cause:   Acidity Gut inflammation Headache Disruption of circadian rhythm Irritability Anxiety Mood swings Pa...

      By Teena Venkat
      /
    • Spreading Milk Fear

      Why is this Menaka Gandhi spreading unsubstantiated fear about milk milk products like curd paneer etc. No science just whatsapp university. Milk after its extracted from cow ...

      By Sanjana Agarwal
      /
    • Media selling ultra processed foods

      Oreo has 38 GMs % of sugar, six time what WHO recommended to prohibit marketing and it is ultra processed food product. Yet papers like Times of India take this advertisement of two fro...

      By Sanjana Gupta
      /
    • Reclaimed Watewater : Threat to Fresh Produce that Grow Close to Ground

      Fresh produce, such as lettuce, carrots, strawberries, fresh herbs etc., that grow close to the ground can be a risk to health as they are eaten raw. This is particularly true when they ...

      By Debashish Dutta
      /
    • One Food tip to implement today

      It doesn’t matter what you eat; if you eat too much (volume) of food, you’ll be tired. It’s called blood flow diversion. Eat to 85% full and you’ll avoid this source of fati...

      By Sanjana Gupta
      /
    • Ghee economics dont make sense

      For 1 Kg Ghee, you need 20 Kg of buffalo milk or 30 Kg of cow's milk ! To make Ghee, milk alone will cost at least Rs 1200 Not to forget fuel, labor, & other overheads ! N...

      By Radha Puri
      /
    • patanjali products

      these products have had complaints even earlier;in fact the army had banned purchase of patanjali products due to sub-standard quality.however since patanjali has the complete blessings of the high...

      By Suresh Dasarathy
      /
    • Patanjali cow ghee is adulterated

      Patanjali's 'Cow's Ghee' has failed in both the state and Central laboratories, the food safety regulator will file a suit in the SDM court of Tehri district of Uttarakhand. All of Ramde...

      By Neelima Verma
      /
    • stay away from readymade nestle dahi

      See what a friend saw when they opened the box. It was not expired. Nestle india qa failing

      By Shivani Batra
      /
Share
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)