Traffic Advisory for Nov 17/18
CHHATH PUJA CELEBRATIONS - 2015
‘Chhath Puja’ will be celebrated in the N.C.T. of Delhi, like other parts of the country, on 17th November, 2015 evening till 18th November, 2015 morning. On 17th November thousands of devotees will be congregating at various ghats of river Yamuna and other water bodies like lakes/canals/ponds etc. since afternoon. The prayers are offered at the time of sunset. While some devotees will leave after the sunset prayers, several will stay for the night at the ghats only, in tents etc. Next day morning i.e. on 18.11.2015 again people will gather at the ghats at the time of sunrise and offer prayers after which they will disperse.
The main Ghats/lakes/canals/areas witnessing heavy congregation of devotees shall be as follows:
East/North East, Delhi
1. Shamshan Ghat opposite Soor Ghat
2. Purvi Ghat, Wazirabad
3. Backside of Nanaksar Gurdwara
4. Ghat Garhi Mandu
5. Ghats of Sonia Vihar & Chauhan Patti
6. ITO bridge Yamuna River Eastern side
7. Rainy Well, Shakarpur and IP Estate.
8. Pushta Thokar No. 11 in front of Bank Enclave.
9. Kondli Canal, New Ashok Nagar.
10. Kudesiya Ghat/Geeta Ghat near ISBT
11. Yamuna Ghat, Yamuna Bazar
12. Sur Ghat, Wazirabad
13. Shyam Ghat, Wazirabad
14. Ram Ghat, Wazirabad
15. Kali Ghat, Wazirabad
16. Hathi Ghat, ITO
17. Kalindi Kunj
18. Agra canal, Badarpur
19. 4-A DDA Park, PS Kalkaji
20. Bhalaswa lake
21. Bawana canal
22. Haiderpur Canal, Bawana Road Near Telephone Exchange.
23. Haiderpur Canal, in between Badli and Sector –15 Rohini.
24. Haiderpur Canal, Iron Bridge & B Block Shalimar Bagh to Prem Bari Pul, Ring Road.
25. Haiderpur Canal, Keshavpuram.
26. Hindu Vihar near Railway Line 40 ft road Prem Nagar.
27. Shiv Mandir, Inder Enclave, Sultanpuri.
28. DDA Park, Sector -10 Narela.
29. Jai Vihar, Nangloi.
30. Ganda Nala, Pulia, Paschim Vihar
31. Mahavir Enclave Telephone Exchange.
Keeping in view the huge gatherings expected at the ghats/water bodies, elaborate traffic arrangements have been made.
Roads likely to face congestion
Normal flow of traffic is likely to be affected in the afternoon/evening of 17th November and in the morning of 18th November, 2015 on roads adjoining the major ghats of Yamuna and water bodies like Bhalaswa lake and Haiderpur Canal. Appropriate diversions will be made by the traffic police based on grounds requirement. Commuters are advised to avoid the roads adjoining the Ghats/Chhath Puja sites e.g. stretch of Outer Ring Road from Mukrba Chowk to Chandgi Ram Akhara, Wazirabad Bridge, roads near ISBT Kashmere Gate, Pushta Road (Khajoori/Shastri Park), Kalindi Kunj Bridge etc.
Limited Parking will be available at following locations:
• Parking at Shahdara loop from Monastery side onwards
• Parking in DDA Park adjacent to the Flood Control Board
• Parking near U turn, Sanyas Ashram on Shahdara loop from Monastery side onwards near ISBT.
• Parking near Delhi Sectt. & Pushta Road
• Chhathh Pooja Ghat, ITO
• Kachcha Road near Pontoon Bridge, Nanaksar
• Near Shamshan Ghat, Geeta Colony
• Parking on Eastern Velodorme Road opposite Sectt.
• Parking on Eastern Pushta near ITO
• Parking at Bhalaswa lake
• Parking near Kalindi Kunj
• Single lane parking on Agra Canal Road.
• Single lane Parking on Agra canal road, Lakkad Market & road side of Agra canal
TRAFFIC DIVERSIONS: (Timings: 3.00 pm – 8.00 pm on 17.11.15 and 4.00 am – 7.00 am on 18.11.15)
• No HTV/LGV will be allowed from Mukrba Chowk on Outer Ring Road towards Chandgi Ram Akhara.
• Depending on congestion on ITO Bridge, traffic coming from trans Yamuna towards ITO may be diverted on Pushta Road to take Geeta Colony bridge or Nizamudin Bridge.
• In Kalindi Kunj, vehicles of Chhath Puja devotees will be diverted from Jaitpur road to Lakkad Market for Agra Canal road.
• All vehicles shall approach Kalindi Ghat via Road No. 13 A or from Noida Bridge.
• The general Traffic coming from Mathura Road side on Pushta Road shall be allowed on Agra Canal Road via link road.
Instructions to general public
1. There will be no restrictions for New Delhi Railway Station, Old Delhi Railway Station, Nizamuddin Railway Station and ISBT. However, people should leave in advance and keep sufficient time to accommodate possible delay in routes.
2. People are requested to avail public transport like Delhi Metro to help decongestion of roads.
3. Park your vehicles only at designated parking lots.
4. Roadside parking must be avoided as it causes hindrance to normal flow of traffic.
5. In case of any unidentified object or suspicious person seen, information must be conveyed to the nearest policeman on duty.
General public and motorists are advised to have patience, observe traffic rules & road discipline and follow directions of traffic personnel deployed at all intersections. People are requested to plan their journey in advance to avoid inconvenience. In order to avoid delay in journey, commuters are requested to use Delhi Metro or other means of public transport for to and fro travel. more