Telecom/Mobile Service Grievances - Inputs Needed
Many telecom grievances have been reported by members. To put some structure around it and drive change, we request you to submit your telecom services grievances as a response to this post. The idea is not to address individual grievances but understand top 5 areas of grievances and then propose solutions to Dept of Consumer Affairs and affiliated Ministries to drive corrective action.
We look forward to your inputs! more
Very poor GPRS and network problems at many places, call drops are frequent. And telecom companies start some services by their own, and charge us when we request them to not start such any service, they say it has been done by you . It is ridiculous more
vvv poor connectivity in GPRS. While traveling it is as good as no GPRS. more
The problems are different for BSNL and private operators
1. Mobile towers in rural areas are switched off sometimes for days.
2. Even when switched on, neither incoming nor outgoing calls are feasible.
3. Data connectivity is unreliable even when the network is functional.
4. Poor customer care and response.
5. Too slow in rolling out services.
1. Airtel. Expensive and excess billing. Np refunds of security deposits.
2. AIRCEL. Frequent cross talks and call dropping. more
i got connection of reliance Pro 3 on 15/06/2015 by paying 3500 for three months. i was promised a speed of 14.7 mbps but not even getting 1 mbps, in fact its just 10-20 kbps. i want them to disconnect it and give me full refund, no deductions more
Few additional points on BSNL;
a. When broadband service is requested with landline, BSNL could issue IP phones.
b. BSNL could switch to Fibre optic network for all its customers /services. I think it already has the back bone of fibre optic cables this will be in line with Digital India.
c. Perhaps BSNL can benchmark Etisalat services and functioning. Also BSNL can work to provide service abroad too. more