solution to air pollution in Delhi
Govt. does not have any vision on how to resolve this menace of air pollution.Odd even is not going to resolve the issue.In my opinion, the below points if applied honestly and sincerely, it will reduce air pollution to a great extent.1. We need to ban all parking of vehicles private/ public on all main roads and service lanes. Instead use the nearest open vacant land available.2. There shall be no right turn for at least 5 km. on rings roads. Make inverted J( Pl. read J and not U) turns every 5 kms.Inverted J means from half km. before the right turn no criss cross. This will reduce traffic lights to great extend and traffic shall be smoother. same way for left turn. 3. Make all public transport almost free(Rs.5/-)flat for ant distance but one single ride) on week ends, public holidays, festivals etc..4) lanes on main road, ring roads, outer ring roads shall have removable traffic pillars with chains, so that once you are in a particular lane you drive at least till the next exist provided. The dividing traffic cones can also be replaced by planters with ever green plants on it. This will enable lane driving. These measures shall double the Average speed of vehicles thus reducing in less burning of fuel, lesser accidents, lesser pollution. Mopping of roads shall be done only during nights and lane wise so no traffic holds ups. This is just to begin with and more suggestion and practical and long terms solutions can be given. more
Agree to all of the mentioned Mr. Subodh,
1. In addition the e-rikshaw and autorikshaw should have a dedicated numbers only on the bylane near the metro station and they can't park on main road.
2. Yes lane driving is absolute necessity. Many roads don't have divider lines and lanes on the road.
3. Use of single us plastic in any form should be banned there is no bio-degradable plastic and all that bio-degradable ones will degrade in the same soil where we getting our underground water and will be poisoning that.
4. No direct motors attached to direct pipelines. Under ground tank a must for any home.
5. Serious action on illegal constructions and encroachments all these are helping pollution
6. Vigilance is key to all the traffic mess and instead of only monetary fines we should have a jail term even for the CCTV footage. (* check why Chandigarh has better traffic obedience then Delhi it is due to vigilance and not increasing the fines) more
Adding to Subodh jee comments, all roads need deep cleaning dust free, vehicles carrying building mererial should be covered. Stirct action on pollutiing vehicles, develop CNG infrastructure, change of office timings more
Sobodh ji r u Retired ME from railways more
Peacemeal action is no remedy for chronic problem of air pollution.
Delhi Government.other elected local bodies of Delhi have no interest in
solving this problem. Where there is will, there is way.
On Mon, 30 Dec, 2019, 5:38 PM Subodh Kumar Jain, <firstname.lastname@example.org
Air scrubber shall be installed on all heavy traffic red lights in integration with red light signals to clean the polleted air there and then to save the public traveling on roads during peak hours by using solar power for scrubbers and red lights.
Suresh Kaushik harisingh park West Delhi. more