Protecting yourself when shopping essentials
* Cover your nose and mouth properly with a cloth covering or mask.
* Ideally, you should go to the store during the hours fewer people are likely to be present, for instance early morning or late night.
* Do not touch your eyes, nose, mouth or your face covering while at the store. Use disinfecting wipes, if available.
* When shopping, keep raw meat, poultry, seafood and their juices away from other foods.
Read| Coronavirus: Safety tips to keep in mind if you are ordering food online
* Make the payment online without touching money or card. In case you have to use it, apply sanitiser on your hands right after paying.
* After leaving the store, use hand sanitiser.
* Once you get home, put your groceries away and wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
* Rinse fresh fruits and vegetables under running water.
For online deliveries
* Make the payment online to avoid contact.
* Accept deliveries without in-person contact wherever possible. Ask for the delivery to be left at a safe spot outside the house, with no person-to-person interaction. If you are receiving a package from a delivery person, maintain a distance of at least 6 ft. more
And, how do I show the guard at exist the bill from a distance of six feet?
Anyways, take it in good humour, folks !!! more