Piped Gas Meter Issue
Please share any and every issue faced by you with regards to the same.
We look forward to your inputs! more
Unknown people knock at your door at unearthly hour and ask for checking the gas pipeline. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNFAIR. Who are these people? Have they actually been authorised by PNG to knock at our doors at any time?
THIS SYSTEM MUST STOP. more
Sometimes the bills are not as per actual reading or higher based on assumptive consumption, rest no issues in last few months more
(1) In the beginning they have taken advance of about Rs. 7000/- from each consumer in those days. Now they are giving free connections without returning the amount they have received from the earlier consumers.
(2) Earlier, the bill amount was just a few hundred rupees per month for our family of 5. Now bill for just 2 persons in my family has gone up to Rs 1700 to 2000 for 2 month cycle approximately. That is about 5 to 7 times more than the bill we use to pay for a family of 5 members.
(3) The fixing of the gas meter in Kitchen is the biggest headache for us. They should have fixed the meter just out side the house where the gas supply line enters the house, so that the bill reading boy can take readings even when we are not at home. Allowing a stranger to enter our kitchen just for Bill reading is unnecessarily enforced on us because of this policy.
(4) They but arbitrary bill amount based on average on our bills, when the bill reading could not be taken. On the other hand when we are away for a long time, our bill is zero for months and not the average consumption when we are at home.
(4) They still do not send the bill on email. I prefer to get proper bill with full details of consumption similar to hard copy through email, just like BSES bills or Telephone bills, so that I can make the payment from any where in the world. Just sending a message on phone giving bill amount is not a good policy.
I hope IGL will look into these issues and simplify the life of consumer. more