PF settlement for forgotten/old accounts

For money deposited few years back even PF account no. is not known or forgotten.Then what to do?From company name where a person was employed & employment period ,can it not be traced???
Even company in which employed was closed some years back.
EPF should undertake a drive so that many people will be benefitted.
Request all to inform how to proceed on this problem. more  

View all 15 comments Below 15 comments
please send an application(under the Right to Information Act, 2005) giving therein the available information and seeking the required information to the Regional Provident Commissioner or you may contact me at 9389606382 more  
Yes, this will benefit many persons. Many private companies deducted amount on account of PF but never bothered to deposit, thus resulting in losses to the employee. Companies have cleverly downed the shutters and walked away with the hard earned money of the employees. PF Department should help employees like us to recover our lost money with interest. Just to benefit the employers, the practice of paying interest till the money is not paid to the employee has been done away with. This is done just to benefit the business community. Are the details of the companies who have shut shops available on EPFO site ? more  
The establishment details are available on EPF website - you can search by PF office location or PIN code number. Once you have the details, the concerned PF office can provide the individual account number (hopefully). more  
In India only one thing works sure shot if you can do. Go to the regional PF office where your establishment was located. Try to find out the section who were dealing the company where you worked. Deal with them so that they become interested in digging out your case. But ll this hassle you should take only when you know that there are should be at least sufficient fund available in your account. Another way is to file RTI give your name and company name and period you worked and ask for A/c no. And PF amount accumulated and then go for withdrawal using the prescribed form. more  
Sure Sir ! In those days when i was a much small kid, in fact. People used lockers to store such information as document lost if information lost and money lost. If someone has not kept his records while been young and innocent, they need to understand that it will be challenging to get it. expecting a perfect system to resolve things on a click with no proper inputs is not optimum expectation in my opinion. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • EPF Online transfer claim

      I had requested online for Claim Transfer and received message from EPFO saying its approved and amount will be credited soon but even after 40 Days , it's not transferred to current PF account.My ...

      By Gourav Anand
    • Shared this from Tax, Investments and Retirement

      most of the middle class people retired from private sector have been getting a megre EPS pension anything between Rs.1000 & 2000 per month. This is without any increase for more than last 20 y...

      By Nagendra Rao Galla
    • Covid19 relief measures attached

      Government to pay the EPF contribution for the next 3 months for establishments with upto 100 employees 75% or 3 month's non-refundable advance allowed from EPFs

      By Satvik Singh
    • EPS pension

      how much pension I could get under eps-95 scheme per month if I volunteer retire at the age of 54year ,my joing date of service is 1990 January.and length of service is 30.5 years with a basic sale...

    • PPF account extention

      Can anybody guide me about the procedure of SBI PPF account extension from remote location (you are not in the city where the PPF account is running). Visiting the place just because of physic...

      By Shibdas Mallick
    • Option for reduction of EPF contribution - Dangerous

      Seen in newspapers, HR circles that an option will be provided to employee to reduce his contribution, but Employer share will remain same. Why this? It is claimed more take home compensation for e...

      By SN Sitaram
    • EPF interest is always lower than the declared percentage- check it

      Have you ever checked your EPF interest amount credited with calculation? There are thousands of blogs regarding declared interest rate etc but it never gives a proper calculation procedure to chec...

      By Shibdas Mallick
    • PF withdrawal

      Chances are low now for fraud as you will be linking Aadhar, PAN , bank account etc., to the UAN. Probably it is wise to withdraw at the end of three years as it can fetch fairly good interest ti...

    • Interest on EPF

      Its going to be 3 years since you left. You have't withdrawn so far, must be some plan. f you have any plan to join some service, its ok, otherwise there is no point of retaining the balance in fun...

      By Vijay Agarwal
    • Duration of interest on EPF balance after quitting job .

      I resigned from my company at the age of 48 yrs after 28 years (May1989 to Jan 2017) of service, hence contribution to my epf account stopped. Pl inform that how long will the balance in my e...

      By Sanjay Tikoo
    • EPS certificate

      Friends,I need suggestion regarding my EPS certificate received from EPFO. I have worked in a trust for 2 years 10 months and after that joined another company which does not contribute to EPS.

      By Anuradha Bhatta
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)